Happy Birthday Turbo-1!!!!

by Borek
Tags: birthday, happy, turbo1
Jonathan Scott
Apr18-11, 12:27 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,129
Happy Birthday Turbo!

(But how does everyone know when PF isn't showing your birthday on the main page?)
Ivan92
Apr18-11, 12:36 PM
P: 181
Happy Birthday Turbo! Have an amazing day! :D
lisab
Apr18-11, 01:31 PM
Mentor
P: 2,917
Quote Quote by Jonathan Scott View Post
Happy Birthday Turbo!

(But how does everyone know when PF isn't showing your birthday on the main page?)
He mentioned it yesterday
Borek
Apr18-11, 01:47 PM
Admin
P: 22,712
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
He mentioned it yesterday
He also mentioned it yesteryear
Math Jeans
Apr18-11, 02:20 PM
P: 340
Happy birthday, Turbo! (nostalgia, wow)
drizzle
Apr18-11, 03:16 PM
PF Gold
P: 521
Happy Birthday Turbo

May you have many more.

PS: Rhody, you beat me, I was thinking of that pic.
turbo
Apr18-11, 03:39 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,367
Thank you all once again. I'm having a great day - pan-fried scallops, potato salad, and beer on the back deck with my father, my wife and Duke. It's nice that my wife works for a company based in Mass - Patriot's day is a state holiday there and she gets my birthday off.
Evo
Apr18-11, 03:41 PM
Mentor
P: 25,967
Happy birthday Turbo!!!
hypatia
Apr18-11, 05:40 PM
P: 1,296
Sounds like your having a perfect birthday. My very best wishes to you, have a great year ahead.
turbo
Apr18-11, 05:43 PM
PF Gold
Thank you very much. I got a nice birthday present today - a call from the Sales Manager at the local Honda dealership giving me the cash price I want on a new Ridgeline AND a fair trade-in value on our Legacy sedan. No fooling around, no inflated trade-in allowance to let them stay above MSRP, etc, no phony incentives. I got the sales manager because the salesman didn't know what to do with me. I told him to give me his best cash price and he kind of froze, and had his manager call me back.
turbo
Apr18-11, 09:23 PM
PF Gold
BTW, my father sent me a card that says "Don't lose this birthday card", and inside the text was "because it is your present". Instead, inside the card was a check. I have asked him over and over to save his money, but he always has to send me a check. Hmm. I'm 59 and he is 85. Can't we resolve this?
HeLiXe
Apr18-11, 09:34 PM
P: 404

More Cowbell!
turbo
Apr19-11, 12:54 AM
PF Gold
Thanks, HeLiXe! Don't fear the reaper.
HeLiXe
Apr19-11, 01:00 AM
Quote Quote by turbo-1 View Post
Thanks, HeLiXe! Don't fear the reaper.
I've sent him numerous invitations but he ignores them

But you know...the thing with your dad reminds me of my sister and I, when she gives me money I find a way to give it back to her as a present some other time birthday, holiday, just coz, etc :D
turbo
Apr19-11, 01:41 AM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by HeLiXe View Post
I've sent him numerous invitations but he ignores them

But you know...the thing with your dad reminds me of my sister and I, when she gives me money I find a way to give it back to her as a present some other time birthday, holiday, just coz, etc :D
At Christmas and on our birthdays my father gives modest checks to me and my wife. He just won't stop though we have asked him to. Every time we ask him down to eat with us we send him home with food. Fresh-baked breads, roasts, casseroles, gravies, etc. We are WELL ahead of him, but I still wish that he'd concentrate on gifts to my younger siblings and not to me or my wife. I don't need any more money, and I sure don't want him spending his money on me. It's a matter of pride with him, and I have to respect that, and I sure don't want to offend him. When a depression-era parent wants to give you something, take it and shut up. They have been through a lot, and it validates their own efforts and experiences to be able to make such gifts.

He says "I want to treat all my kids the same." and he is pretty darned stubborn about that, regardless of our financial situations. My wife and I love to cook, and he loves to eat great food, so we keep him well-supplied with stuff that he can heat up in a microwave. My wife bakes, and I'm pretty good with the grill, so we can send him home loaded with decent food.
Borek
Apr19-11, 03:21 AM
Admin
P: 22,712
Quote Quote by turbo-1 View Post
Can't we resolve this?
No. That's the way he will do it as long as he is alive. Your only choice is to accept
HeLiXe
Apr19-11, 07:24 AM
He sounds like a really great dad Turbo! I was the "unfavored" child lol (if you can't tell already ) so naturally I think it's great that he wants to treat all of his children the same. My dad used to give my sis really great gifts; gold, diamonds, rubies...and he would often get me nothing or forget my birthday and I would never remind him
rhody
Apr19-11, 05:55 PM
PF Gold
P: 765
Turbo,

Did the Ridgeline deal work out ? I hope so, they are great trucks, I like the bed compartment in the back too, there are two big rubber stoppers in there so you can throw ice/food/beverages and whatever else you can think, then pull the stoppers and hose flush, clean as new. BTW. I got some frozen shot glass molds, will post some pics in the tequila thread soon, time for a party.

Rhody...

Register to reply