Register to reply

Coalescence between a neutron and a K+ meson

by PRodQuanta
Tags: coalescence, meson, neutron
Share this thread:
PRodQuanta
Aug18-03, 03:51 PM
P: 354
I think it is simply the coalescence between a neutron and a K+ meson. What are your thoughts?
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Mapping the optimal route between two quantum states
Spin-based electronics: New material successfully tested
Verifying the future of quantum computing
bdkeenan00
Aug19-03, 12:13 PM
P: 49
sounds logical
jcsd
Aug19-03, 12:27 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,226
Looking at it's quark content (uudds) it's obvious it has the same quark content as a neutron and a K+ indeed those are the two particles it decays into, I'm not sure how it's formed though.

bdkeenan00
Aug19-03, 12:31 PM
Coalescence between a neutron and a K+ meson

I have read that it is formed when gamma rays are directed at a heavy hydrogen nuclei and what happens next is beyond me
Brad_Ad23
Aug19-03, 01:55 PM
P: 499
It is merely the coalescence of the neutron and the K+ meson. I believe that is what the original article on this read awhile ago.
bdkeenan00
Aug19-03, 02:44 PM
So if the pentaquark particle decays in to a neutron and a K+ meson then it is unstable. Would anyone happen to know its half life?
bdkeenan00
Aug19-03, 02:45 PM
So if the pentaquark particle decays in to a neutron and a K+ meson then it is unstable. Would anyone happen to know its half life?
jcsd
Aug19-03, 04:50 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,226
IIRC it's thought to be about 10-20 which is pretty short even for an elementary particle.

Register to reply