Register to reply

Mental Sex

by Gale
Tags: mental
Share this thread:
Gale
Aug19-03, 10:49 AM
P: 676
A friend of mine is adament that it's completely possible to have mental sex. she can't explain it and has no idea how to do it, but i'd be interested to see what any of you may think.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Mysterious source of ozone-depleting chemical baffles NASA
Water leads to chemical that gunks up biofuels production
How lizards regenerate their tails: Researchers discover genetic 'recipe'
BoulderHead
Aug19-03, 10:55 AM
P: n/a
What do you say we stop wasting time and give it a try?

Seriously though, how would dreams and nocturnal emissions fit into this, I mean, thatís pretty mental isnít it?
Zantra
Aug19-03, 11:10 AM
P: 869
Well I have no idea how it woould work, but I'm all for it

Gale
Aug19-03, 11:37 AM
Mental Sex

well i'd try and do it if i could figure out how it'd be done. but i guess it's something like dreams and stuff, or maybe something like telekinesis since i guess there'd have to be some reading of the other person's mind. and also seeing as how it's a mental thing do you think orgasms would be involved??
maximus
Aug19-03, 12:13 PM
P: 487
Originally posted by Gale17
A friend of mine is adament that it's completely possible to have mental sex. she can't explain it and has no idea how to do it, but i'd be interested to see what any of you may think.

mental sex? you mean fantasy? or with another person?
Artman
Aug19-03, 12:30 PM
P: 1,591
First of all, imagine the start I got when I misread the title as "Mentat sex!" (I thought, No wonder his mom wanted him to stay away for awhile!)

I guess that phone sex might come close (no, I'm not speaking from experience). I think if we are talking more than fantasy where only one person is involved in the process, that some sort of communication for coordination would be required.
Zantra
Aug19-03, 12:51 PM
I have to agree with Artman. Basically what you're describing is phone sex, or anything of that type not involving physical contact. Yes it's possible, But it can't beat the good old-fashioned home grown stuff

Gale, I have to admit I'm starting to sense a trend here
Gale
Aug19-03, 01:07 PM
well, first off, it's completely not physical, as in no masturbation. but i'm not sure about orgasms... as far as phone sex or things like that.. yes i suppose the idea is simliar, but it's not the same. it is something with an other person but not just talking and getting off... let me think..

oh ok, does anyone know that sandra bullock movie where it's like in the future and she meets some cop from the past (i think its that guy who played rocky) and like they wear helmet thingies to have sex??? well i think i mean something like that but like... with out the helmets maybe.

Gale, I have to admit I'm starting to sense a trend here
hahaha, yeah, it was only a matter of time until someone noticed...
Zantra
Aug19-03, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Gale17
[B]well, first off, it's completely not physical, as in no masturbation. but i'm not sure about orgasms... as far as phone sex or things like that.. yes i suppose the idea is simliar, but it's not the same. it is something with an other person but not just talking and getting off... let me think..

oh ok, does anyone know that sandra bullock movie where it's like in the future and she meets some cop from the past (i think its that guy who played rocky) and like they wear helmet thingies to have sex??? well i think i mean something like that but like... with out the helmets maybe.
Yes you're talking about demolition man, and if you figure out how to have telekinetic sex, by all means share the wealth[

hahaha, yeah, it was only a matter of time until someone noticed...
it's all good
Gale
Aug19-03, 01:24 PM
yeah that's the movie, a dumb movie at that, but that's the one i meant. can't anyone concieve some way to like duplicate that kinda with out telekinesis?

or better yet, can anyone think of a way of orgasming without ever being touched? that'd be like mental sex eh?
Andy
Aug19-03, 01:28 PM
P: 255
Guys get it when going through puberty, tis called a wet dream and it happens when there asleep, normally.
Gale
Aug19-03, 01:34 PM
yeah i meant with two people though... s'pose it's impossible, least until i get a cool helmet thingie or special magical powers
Zantra
Aug19-03, 01:49 PM
The cloesest thing I can think of is that MIT labs is working on a method for controling computers with your mind. So far they've been able to get a monkey to move a robotic arm. I supposed that technology could be applied to stimulating the pleasure centers. But we're still a long ways away from that.
Andy
Aug19-03, 02:03 PM
P: 255
So far they've been able to get a monkey to move a robotic arm.
Why didnt they get a human to do this? If a chimp is able to move a robotic arm shouldnt we be able to do more than that? Sorry to go off topic.
Zantra
Aug19-03, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Andy
Why didnt they get a human to do this? If a chimp is able to move a robotic arm shouldnt we be able to do more than that? Sorry to go off topic.
Actually I don't know any details. It's just a snipet I remember reading somewhere. Might have been off this site..
LURCH
Aug19-03, 05:46 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 2,510
Originally posted by Andy
I would assume that it's because they weren't sure what it would do to the brain that tried to run it.

Regarding mental sex; yes, it can be done. Like your friend, I'm not sure exactly how it works, but it does usually involve orgasm, AFAIK. I'm not certain I believe in telepathy of any kind, so I tend to think of it in terms of subliminal messages sent by subtleties of body language, ect., and augmented by mental self-stimulation. Bear in mind, there is a small percentage of the female population, and an even smaller percentage of males, that can achieve orgasm simply by thinking about it, it's called "thinking off". As to whether or not these individualls are more capable of the kind of "mental sex" we're talking about here, I have no information. I would imagine that they are, however.
FZ+
Aug19-03, 05:57 PM
P: 1,954
Are we just talking wet dreams or premature ejaculation?
Mr. Robin Parsons
Aug19-03, 06:32 PM
P: 1,560
There is a discovery that implanting an electrode in a certain place in a womans back, stimulating it electrically, causes orgasms, but that is neither telepathic nor telekinetic, but perhaps a manner of "Mental self stimulation" that remains unexplored, or merely unrecorded.

Register to reply