Register to reply

Good ways to start a conversation with a girl on facebook?

by Nikitin
Tags: conversation, facebook, girl, start
Share this thread:
Nikitin
May17-11, 02:46 PM
P: 632
I'm 17 soon 18 years 2nd and at year of Gymnasium (senior high school). I'm pretty sure she is attracted to me, and I sure am to her.. She's in my German-class.. But I have barely talked 2 her as I am not very social in general let alone in my German-class which is filled with assholes.

Anyway. Is starting a conversation on facebook a gd idea? If so, any tips?

And yeah, I've been stalking her on facebook and I know it's very pathetic.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists discover RNA modifications in some unexpected places
Scientists discover tropical tree microbiome in Panama
'Squid skin' metamaterials project yields vivid color display
JaredJames
May17-11, 02:48 PM
P: 3,387
How to start a Facebook conversation ey? Well I'd start with "hi" and work from there...

Sounds a bit weird to me. Not sure how she'd take it. Bit creepy even.
Greg Bernhardt
May17-11, 02:49 PM
Admin
P: 9,684
FB convo is not a bad place to start. Very easy. Just say hi in german and make it casual. Don't talk long. Then start chatting in the classroom.

JaredJames
May17-11, 02:52 PM
Good ways to start a conversation with a girl on facebook?

Fairly random person you have barely spoken to and it doesn't seem a bit creepy?

The only way that's certain is if she does like him.
Nikitin
May17-11, 02:57 PM
Well I get this feeling she likes me. She's been giving me looks, saying "goodbye" to me and once, 3 or so months ago she randomly coughed (intentionally, I think) to get my attention and afterwards said "hi", while I was walking a sizeable distance infront of her on the main stairs at my school. Though I might be imagining things since I like her so... I am afraid of just failing completely when approaching her.

Anyway, I think you're right it does sound creepy. I'd best be engaging in convos with her IRL.

Girls: what do you thin?
JaredJames
May17-11, 02:59 PM
Yes, let's move back to real life. You'd be surprised how well it can work!

I'd add that even if she had a conversation with you on FB, it doesn't necessarily mean anything. I often find myself with people speaking to me I don't want to talk to. The "I really want this person to bugger off, but I'm too polite to say it" type of conversations.

Thanks to the lack of emotion and body language, it's difficult to accurately gauge her feelings on the matter.
DanP
May17-11, 03:09 PM
P: 630
Quote Quote by JaredJames View Post
. The "I really want this person to bugger off, but I'm too polite to say it" type of conversations.
Assertiveness is not lack of politeness. As a polite gentleman that you are, I'm sure you could find very effective ways to act like a British lord full of spleen and yet make the other person respect your boundaries.
viko
May19-11, 11:22 PM
P: 8
you can also start commenting her facebook posts or something :P
Pengwuino
May19-11, 11:36 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,120
Talk to her in real life, GEEZ!

Facebook is so ambiguous and as far as the girl goes, it's much easier to pretend to stand talking to a guy over facebook than it is in real life. So for you, that means talking to her in real life will give you a much better way of finding out if she has any interest in you.
Nikitin
May20-11, 08:24 AM
haha I talked 2 her today. We had a nice 5-6 minute conversation after school.. Though I kind of feel like I ****ed up as her girlfriend was in the conversation whom I, unintentionally, almost ignored.. Damn
viko
May20-11, 08:30 AM
Say what!?
JaredJames
May20-11, 09:14 AM
Good, you made progress.

Perhaps ignoring her wasn't the best idea, but it depends how they take it. See how it goes, try to strike up another conversation.
Nikitin
May20-11, 09:20 AM
well I didn't do it on purpose.. I am an including person.. But I am afraid they'l think I'm some selfish jerk or smth even tho the convo had a very nice tone
JaredJames
May20-11, 09:25 AM
Quote Quote by Nikitin View Post
well I didn't do it on purpose.. I am an including person..
Which is it? How can you be "including" and yet still not do it on purpose?
But I am afraid they'l think I'm some selfish jerk or smth even tho the convo had a very nice tone
You're over thinking it badly. Just go with the flow and see how things pan out.
Ryan_m_b
May20-11, 09:28 AM
Mentor
P: 5,488
Quote Quote by Nikitin View Post
haha I talked 2 her today. We had a nice 5-6 minute conversation after school.. Though I kind of feel like I ****ed up as her girlfriend was in the conversation whom I, unintentionally, almost ignored.. Damn
Good! Now you can move on to sending an inbox message or chat when she's online. Keep it casual, just act like you would to a friend rather than a girl you are trying to date. It is very hard to know how things are going on facebook
Nikitin
May20-11, 09:42 AM
Which is it? How can you be "including" and yet still not do it on purpose?
nonono you misunderstand - I did NOT ignore her (the other girl) on purpose! It was accidental.. i was just busy conversing with the girl I liked

Anyway ryan, yeah but we pretty much finished our last talk.. So nothing to message her about besides, as u said, I'd be seeming desperate. I think I'l engage in a conversation with her the next time I meet her, it seems to work nice. she is quite intelligent btw ;)
JaredJames
May20-11, 09:43 AM
That's the spirit, cut the internet out completely.
viko
May20-11, 04:35 PM
haha, i thought u said you were ignoring her friends on purpose, that would be a very bad idea.

keeping the relationship away of internet is great idea, on that way you will also avoid getting obsesed with her on msn and that horrible stuff we usually suffer

Register to reply