Can't start thread in Math & Science Learning Materials

by Grep
Tags: learning, materials, math, science, start
Grep
Jun4-11, 10:56 PM
P: 296
Just tried to post a new thread to Math & Science Learning Materials, but it tells me I can't. Same for Introductory Physics Learning Materials (which was just a test). Is that normal? I see nothing indicating it's restricted in any way, and I'm fairly sure I've committed no infractions or otherwise been anything but helpful. Perhaps I'm missing something. It's been a long week.

The National Academies Press just made about 4000 PDFs free downloads. Thought that was well worth posting.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
NASA's space station Robonaut finally getting legs
Free the seed: OSSI nurtures growing plants without patent barriers
Going nuts? Turkey looks to pistachios to heat new eco-city
Evo
Jun4-11, 11:20 PM
Mentor
P: 25,940
What exactly did the message say?
Grep
Jun4-11, 11:30 PM
P: 296
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
What exactly did the message say?
Sorry, I figured you guys would know the message, but as a software developer, I should know better than to not post the error.

It said this after clicking the "New Topic" button:

Grep, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Ivan92
Jun5-11, 12:07 AM
P: 181

Can't start thread in Math & Science Learning Materials

Happens to me too. It is because you do not have administrative privileges, such as being a Mentor, Homework Helper, etc. You should post in the General Discussion forum and ask someone to move it to the Math and Science Materials.
Fredrik
Jun5-11, 08:09 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 8,997
I'm getting the same message, so you probably need to be a mentor.

Register to reply