Register to reply

Twilight Struggle

by flemmyd
Tags: board game, twilight struggle
Share this thread:
flemmyd
Jul5-11, 12:42 AM
P: 144
For those of you who don't know, Twilight Struggle is an INCREDIBLY fun board game that simulates the cold war.
http://www.tsjonline.com/story.php?F=3015841

Anyway, I played the hell out of it awhile ago with my friend. Said friend is moving away. I've been trying to find a copy of the game to buy, but it seems to be back ordered everywhere I've looked.
A. Does anyone know a (hopefully reputable) site where I can buy the game at a fair price? The price should be about $60 (preferably less). The only local game store I know of can't order it either.
B. Anyone else play this game? Any strategies or interesting things you've picked up?

If I'm the USSR, an early game strategy I'm fond of is using the China Card to take S. Korea in one swoop. I've you successfully coup Iran (a popular opening move it seems), it makes it damn near impossible to for the US to get into Asia unless they expand from Japan/Australia; particularly the battleground states of Pakistan/India.
And I've never really fought in Europe. Too difficult to get anything done. Better to use those influence points elsewhere.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Wildfires and other burns play bigger role in climate change, professor finds
SR Labs research to expose BadUSB next week in Vegas
New study advances 'DNA revolution,' tells butterflies' evolutionary history

Register to reply