by ArcanaNoir
Tags: chrome, equations, google, latex
Share this thread:
ArcanaNoir
Jul21-11, 06:54 PM
P: 754
Quote Quote by Jimmy View Post
Try right-clicking on an equation > Settings > Math Renderer > HTML-CSS
Right clicking on the text that should be an equation doesn't return a "settings" option.

Edit: If you can't get access to the MathJax menu, try deleting the cookies for this site. The settings for MathJax are stored in the mjx.menu cookie I believe.
I don't know what this means.
Jimmy
Jul21-11, 06:57 PM
P: 692
Quote Quote by ArcanaNoir View Post
I don't know what this means.
MathJax settings are stored in a cookie. It's possible that the cookie is corrupt or a specific setting is causing a problem.

I don't use Chrome so I do not know how to access cookies on that browser.
Doc Al
Jul21-11, 06:59 PM
Mentor
P: 41,568
Quote Quote by ArcanaNoir View Post
Post #9 says how to type it, not how to get it to display. I know chrome shows it fine for most people. I'm trying to get some help adjusting MY chrome so I can see it like everyone else.
Did you customize your chrome? Mine works fine for displaying Latex right out of the box (on two different machines).
ArcanaNoir
Jul21-11, 06:59 PM
Quote Quote by Jimmy View Post
MathJax settings are stored in a cookie. It's possible that the cookie is corrupt or a specific setting is causing a problem.
The alleged problematic specific setting is exactly what I am trying to get some help tracking down.

And I didn't customize Chrome that I can remember, but it's possible I changed something back when I was trying to access blackboard.
ArcanaNoir
Jul21-11, 07:10 PM
Okay I uninstalled Chrome and re-installed. It works now. That ordeal is now behind me. Thanks for your patience.

Register to reply