by dlgoff
Tags: evo
Share this thread:
turbo
Jun20-12, 01:03 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Quote Quote by Insanity View Post
Aye...it was 85ish at 9am here, lawn is already stunted, supposed to get mid 90s, not including heat index. This is more like August for us too, makes me wonder what August is going to be like? 110F+? Going to need to migrate north, perhaps above the Arctic circle....
It could be tough. We hardly ever get anything resembling winter here, and the summer heat at the end of spring makes me fear for my garden. Even worse, the bugs that normally get killed off in the winter cold are out in force. Not good.
turbo
Jun20-12, 01:53 PM
PF Gold
94 in the shade with high humidity. So glad I don't live in NYC or Philly! All that pavement will keep pumping out the heat back out into the evening hours.
Insanity
Jun20-12, 02:48 PM
P: 60
Quote Quote by turbo View Post
94 in the shade with high humidity. So glad I don't live in NYC or Philly! All that pavement will keep pumping out the heat back out into the evening hours.
Humidity is low 33%, so not as bad as it could be. Reportedly its suppose to let up after tonight. Its never good when you get up in the morning and its already 80+ and the sun is just rising. One reason I want to build a proper hobbit hole.
Astronuc
Jun20-12, 05:07 PM
Admin
P: 21,865
It was over 100F in our back yard today, and it's supposed to be even hotter tomorrow.

My son said the temperature had dropped to 97 F at 5:30 pm.
nitsuj
Jun20-12, 05:13 PM
P: 1,098
Infrared on shaded concrete at 6:15 was 98.9f

humidity is only 47% but with this heat the indexed temp is 108ish.
turbo
Jun21-12, 11:40 AM
PF Gold
Almost back to 90 again, today, but with brutal humidity. I don't know if we'll hit the mid-nineties like yesterday, but we're under the gun for T-storms this afternoon/evening. Not good, because this road is about the last place in the area to regain power, once it is out.
George Jones
Jun21-12, 11:43 AM
Mentor
P: 6,242
Mainly sunny and predicted high of 24 C (75 F) here today.
turbo
Jun21-12, 01:12 PM
PF Gold
Just about 90 in the shade now (and still climbing) and the humidity is horrible. I have both AC units running and I can't manage to get the RH below 50%. In fact, it's going up again. This is a sticky day. We don't suffer through this stuff until August in normal years. It may be time to move to Canada - someplace in the far-northern reaches of Ontario or PQ.
turbo
Jun21-12, 01:37 PM
PF Gold
Took Duke for a pee-walk, and I'm a ball of sweat. This weather is ridiculous!!
rhody
PF Gold
P: 765
What can you run on your generator(s) if you had too Turbo ?

Rhody...
Jimmy Snyder
P: 2,179
It's 99F here. I think it's really brutal. I'm not sure though since I'm spending the day in the county library.
turbo
Jun21-12, 01:39 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by rhody View Post
What can you run on your generator(s) if you had too Turbo ?

Rhody...
I can run one of the AC units and possibly the TV. It's a small generator (5.5 hp Honda), and I don't want to load it too heavily.
turbo
Jun21-12, 01:56 PM
PF Gold
I might have to break down and buy and install a permanently hooked-up generator. Losing power on a day like this would be very uncomfortable, to say the least. I can have a hard time breathing on a good day, and days like this strain my limits.

Duke needs to get out and pee and get a bit of exercise, but I need to get back to the house pretty soon, so I can recover. Luckily, he likes to get back in the house after we have had a short walk so he can cool off, too. He is sacked-out on his bed now. He can tolerate the heat, but he'd rather be in a cool house.
dlgoff
Jun21-12, 05:19 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,719
Quote Quote by turbo View Post
I might have to break down and buy and install a permanently hooked-up generator. Losing power on a day like this would be very uncomfortable, to say the least.
Do it turbo. I've been working outside a lot in the up to 100F days and wouldn't be able to survive if I didn't have an ac to come in to.
Insanity
Jun21-12, 07:08 PM
P: 60
Rain came through and the temp has dropped 20 some degrees today, hopefully it remains that way at least through the night.
Ouabache
Jun21-12, 10:59 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 1,326
Yup, it was toasty today, 93deg in the shade. I measured 85deg in the chicken coop tonight. I wonder how they manage to stay cool with their down coats on. Made sure they had plenty of water to drink.

With the 4th July holiday right around the corner, and the prediction of high 90s today, I figured it is about time to drag out the air conditioner. I installed a window unit last night. Sure glad I did, it created a safe haven from this wave of high temps & humidity.
turbo
Jun22-12, 12:42 PM
PF Gold
92 and climbing today, with enough humidity to make me gasp. Even Duke doesn't want to go outside for pee-walks - not fun. This front yard is usually teeming with birds, but they are all laying low. This is August weather in June.

Edit: Extreme out-lier August weather in June. It is very rare that we ever get 3 consecutive days in the mid-nineties in August. unheard of in June.
Astronuc
Jun22-12, 07:29 PM
Admin
P: 21,865
It was 105F yesterday in our backyard.

Today was approaching 100F but we had a severe thunderstorm rip through our area. We lost power at work and then at home. We saw a small branch perched on the power lines near our house. That's what knocked our power out.

We went out to eat a few miles from the house. On the way home, we saw a large tree on top of a car, and small bits of trees scattered on the various roads in our area.

11,000 people were without power.

Register to reply