Register to reply

Evolution of our socio-economic system - what should scientists do about it?

by avtodorov
Tags: evolution, government, human condition
Share this thread:
Evo
Aug7-11, 09:12 PM
Mentor
P: 26,557
Quote Quote by avtodorov View Post
everybody always has a point of view

if you are interested in understanding my point of view and are willing to spend your time clarifying the definitions i am willing to spend my time engaging in the discussion

this is precisely what is going on now with me and WhoWee
Please clearly state what you are posting about. Give me a short, to the point, clear statement of what you wish to discuss.

Your thread title is "evolution of our socio-economic system - what should scientists do about it?" I have yet to see anything about this.
avtodorov
Aug7-11, 09:16 PM
P: 1
Quote Quote by WhoWee View Post
I think it might be difficult to raise children in a "fact based" environment - kids need emotional connections.
"fact based" <> "lacking emotional connections"

"emotion" = "the response to _fact_ without employment of 'conscious mind of reflexion'"

emotion is the "older" in evolutionary terms than "deliberative capability"

it is not possible to be "emotionless" but disciplined thinking and adherence to scientific method builds connectivity in the brain that favours certain emotions over the others

in my experience people who never stop learning are "better" parents simply because they pay more attention to the trajectory of cognitive development of their children
Evo
Aug7-11, 09:17 PM
Mentor
"fact based" <> "lacking emotional connections"

"emotion" = "the response to _fact_ without employment of 'conscious mind of reflexion'"

emotion is the "older" in evolutionary terms than "deliberative capability"

it is not possible to be "emotionless" but disciplined thinking and adherence to scientific method builds connectivity in the brain that favours certain emotions over the others

in my experience people who never stop learning are "better" parents simply because they pay more attention to the trajectory of cognitive development of their children
What has this got to do with the thread topic?
avtodorov
Aug7-11, 09:19 PM
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
Please clearly state what you are posting about. Give me a short, to the point, clear statement of what you wish to discuss.

Your thread title is "evolution of our socio-economic system - what should scientists do about it?" I have yet to see anything about this.
see post # 10 for a short paragraph
Evo
Aug7-11, 09:21 PM
Mentor
see post # 10 for a short paragraph
Then you have failed at doing so.
avtodorov
Aug7-11, 09:21 PM
What has this got to do with the thread topic?
that was in reply to WhoWee because he is the only one who showed any interest in the topic by way of asking clarifying questions

i also agree that his comment was not directly related to the topic but i do not mind answering it in the hopes he/she would like to get back to the topic
avtodorov
Aug7-11, 09:22 PM
Then you have failed at doing so.
what is not clear in my paragraph?
Evo
Aug7-11, 09:23 PM
Mentor
what is not clear in my paragraph?
What has it to do with the OP?

You have yet to make a comprehensible OP. If you just want to discuss anything, then please take it to your personal blog. That's what the blog is for.
WhoWee
Aug7-11, 09:27 PM
P: 1,123
that was in reply to WhoWee because he is the only one who showed any interest in the topic by way of asking clarifying questions

i also agree that his comment was not directly related to the topic but i do not mind answering it in the hopes he/she would like to get back to the topic
My intent was to determine your meaning. Your answer indicates that you believe an emotional bond is important with children. It also clarifies your position relevant to developing thought patterns and (I'll assume) reasoning?

With this said - do you believe children of scientists would need to be kept separated from other children - or would they associate freely?
avtodorov
Aug7-11, 09:27 PM
What has it to do with the OP?

You have yet to make a comprehensible OP.
what is not comprehensible in points (1) -(4)?

any specific one?

all of them?

you do not see how (4) flows from (1)-(3)?

any specific word needs clarification?

could you ask specific question rather than saying that opening post is not comprehensible
Evo
Aug7-11, 09:31 PM
Mentor
Start over with a topic that matches the thread title, or post in your blog please.

Register to reply