chem e undergrad: did I just sign up for another death sentence?

by mrund3rd09
Tags: chem, death, sentence, sign, undergrad
mrund3rd09
Aug28-11, 03:36 PM
P: 21
I'm a third year planning to graduate 1 semester early. Last fall, I took 18.5 credit hours and worked 2 jobs (paper delivery and research assistant). I was pretty wasted by the end of the semester. Subsequently, I got depressed the following spring semester and had to drop down to a part time student. I don't know if it had anything to do with the work I put myself through the semester before.

This fall, I'm taking 15.0 credit hours and working 3 jobs (paper delivery and 2 research positions). It's too late for me to drop any classes, but I can take one of my classes p/f if I choose to. I might do just that because the professor I have for that class has the tendency to suck the happiness out of people.

anyways, I want to be able to focus on research, meanwhile contemplating the possibility of going to grad school. I would like to prioritize research over my classes, but I don't think that's possible. At the same time, I pretty much have 1 year to demonstrate my abilities as a researcher before it's time for grad school applications. Can I get some suggestions?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Cougars' diverse diet helped them survive the Pleistocene mass extinction
Cyber risks can cause disruption on scale of 2008 crisis, study says
Mantis shrimp stronger than airplanes

Register to reply