Register to reply

Floating Particles that are visible in the air question

by Hfeline
Tags: floating, particles, visible
Share this thread:
FreeFolk
Sep12-11, 01:04 PM
P: 17
Hahaha this is pretty funny. I noticed this a while back and it has always bothered me not knowing why I was seeing some little stuff while looking up in the air.

Now the funny part is, it never bothered my enough to actually look up if I was the only one seeing those little things. So yesterday I was looking up at the sky again and thought maybe I should check into it...and voila...here it is!

Thanks for creating this thread! :)
Drakkith
Sep12-11, 03:29 PM
Mentor
P: 11,878
Quote Quote by ryan_m_b View Post
Everyone has this to some extent but its interesting that few people ever remark on it! If you stare at something like a blank wall for a while you will notice it clearly. Though of course it bothers some more than others.
Yeah, I for one have never noticed that effect.
Hfeline
Sep12-11, 08:25 PM
P: 7
I'm not too worried, about my vision since I noticed this when I was a kid. What does CEH stand for? (I don't think it refers to ethical hackers (j/k)) That picture perfect demonstrates what I had a hard time explaining.
Thanks for creating this thread! :)
I'm glad you found this useful.

I wonder if this could be used. Like say if you could see steam in darkness. Yea, it looks like a collection of white clustering when I walk in the dark, but maybe that's just my imagination.
lisab
Sep12-11, 11:12 PM
Mentor
P: 2,988
Quote Quote by Hfeline View Post
I'm not too worried, about my vision since I noticed this when I was a kid. What does CEH stand for? (I don't think it refers to ethical hackers (j/k)) That picture perfect demonstrates what I had a hard time explaining.

I'm glad you found this useful.

I wonder if this could be used. Like say if you could see steam in darkness. Yea, it looks like a collection of white clustering when I walk in the dark, but maybe that's just my imagination.
CEH = Closed eye hallucinations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed-eye_hallucination

I have something similar to what you describe, but I wouldn't call it a CEH because I see it when my eyes are open too. But when my eyes are open I rarely "see" it, I just filter it out.

But mine varies all the time. When it gets really really bad, it's hard to filter and it's pretty annoying. My doctor said it's a variant of a migraine (migraine aura without headache).
zoobyshoe
Sep14-11, 04:52 AM
P: 5,630
Quote Quote by Ryan_m_b View Post
Sounds like CEH to me, one of the common images looks a little like this
I see something very like this when I open my eyes in a pitch dark room.
Proton Soup
Sep14-11, 09:43 PM
P: 1,070
Quote Quote by Ryan_m_b View Post
Everyone has this to some extent but its interesting that few people ever remark on it! If you stare at something like a blank wall for a while you will notice it clearly. Though of course it bothers some more than others.
it can be a handy thing to focus on when trying to fall asleep. like rain on a tin roof for your eyes, i guess.
KidCosmic
Feb22-13, 09:42 PM
P: 1
I have seen these exact same orbs floating around in the sky. I first noticed it when I had been awake for 24hrs. with no rest, but once I saw the orbs I began to see them every single day, and still see them. Since I took notice to these orbs I've also been able to see the orbs in solid objects as well.

Register to reply