plz suggest reading/websites; newton/mach/einstien

by 3mpathy
Tags: reading or websites, suggest
3mpathy
Nov25-04, 09:18 AM
P: 79
i think that i misspelled the 2nd guys name so i hope that i dont confuse anyone.

hello. I usually hang out in the philophosy threads but i have dared to emerge into the basic physics forums becuz of something i read. it said that Newton in the 17th century proved that space exist. in the 19th century some guy with a last name that i remeber as mach (could be mark or march ) said/proved that space doesnt exist at all. then einstien revolutionized the question by combining the 2.

could someone plz post a couple of websites that will serve as some extra help for me. i am reading brian greene's book the fabric of the cosmos (just began it) and would like to explore what he said in the first chapter more. plz keep these websites on a basic lvl.

thank you for your time/posts.
--TJ
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Physicists consider implications of recent revelations about the universe's first light
Vacuum ultraviolet lamp of the future created in Japan
Grasp of SQUIDs dynamics facilitates eavesdropping

Register to reply