Campbell diagram and is its applicaion

by svishal03
Tags: applicaion, campbell, diagram
Share this thread:
svishal03
Nov6-11, 06:18 PM
P: 132
Please again a fundamental question.

Can anyone explain what is a Campbell diagram and its application?

IS it a plot/comparison between exciting frequencies and natural frequencies mainly illustrating when responance will occur?

Please help and elaborate above
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
UCI team is first to capture motion of single molecule in real time
And so they beat on, flagella against the cantilever
Tandem microwave destroys hazmat, disinfects
Bobbywhy
Nov6-11, 06:40 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,909
Have you studied the Wikipedia page "Campbell diagram" yet? If yes, then what specific question or doubt do you have?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campbell_diagram
svishal03
Nov6-11, 07:07 PM
P: 132
Yes, I have and I understand that:

“Campbell diagram is a plot of the vibration characteristics of the structure compared with the excitation frequencies”

However, I have been reading the attached extract and was not able to interprate the diagram with respect to it. It (the attached extract) might not require any background. will be grateful if helped.
Attached Files
File Type: doc campbell diagram.doc (151.0 KB, 125 views)

AlephZero
Nov6-11, 09:08 PM
Engineering
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 7,284
Campbell diagram and is its applicaion

The diagrams in the wiki link have curves showing how the frequency of the different modes varies with the shaft RPM, and the intersection points where the "rotation speed" line crosses the curves.

Your diagram doesn't show the curves, it just shows the intersection points with the speed line.

For a simple rotor (like the Wiki example) you can recognise the shapes of the curves as forwards and reverse whirl modes of the rotor. For a turbine wheel like your example, there isn't usually any obvious "pattern" to the curves and they can intersect each other, so plotting all the curves just makes the diagram look more complicated without adding any useful information.
schizo
Jan28-12, 05:51 PM
P: 2
Hi Guys,I have some doubts about how can we find number of engine cylinder with the help of campbell diagram of the intake orifice noise?
can anyone please help me
schizo
Jan28-12, 05:58 PM
P: 2
actullay my question is in the attached file
Attached Thumbnails
campbell.png  

Register to reply