Register to reply

Making or getting a rotating stand with strong control over rpm

by flybynight420
Tags: control, rotating, stand, strong
Share this thread:
flybynight420
Nov17-11, 04:40 PM
P: 1
I require for a project a rotating stand, much like these... http://www.cokerexpo.co.uk/rotating-display-stand.htm ... Which are used in shops

However as you can see they have some preset rotation speeds which have nothing like the accuracy that I will require. I need to control the speed of rotation down to the second e.g. 9 rotations in one minute.

If there is something off the shelf that I can get that would be perfect. I don't know if there is something that could link to computer software.

I am way out of my depth on this stuff - I am a musician and not an engineer, but am willing to put some work into this to get it to work. I can program quite well, so if there are programs that can control hardware that is an option.

Many thanks for any help :)
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Hoverbike drone project for air transport takes off
Earlier Stone Age artifacts found in Northern Cape of South Africa
Study reveals new characteristics of complex oxide surfaces

Register to reply