Register to reply

Countdown clocks?

by pergradus
Tags: clocks, countdown
Share this thread:
pergradus
Nov27-11, 11:10 PM
P: 156
So, who out there knows something about clocks?

I'm looking for a Christmas gift for my girlfriend, and I'm having a great deal of difficulty finding what I have in mind.

She's Irish and her favorite holiday is St. Patrick's day, so I'd like to get her some kind of countdown clock - a clock that would display how many days are left until St. Patrick's day.

Originally I was thinking of a digital clock, but all I could find were either insanely expensive, or cheap looking crap. Plus, the clock has to be resettable, that is it will re-start the countdown every year. Also then you'd have to worry about changing the batteries and the time getting screwed up. So I was thinking maybe an analogue clock that instead of reading H:M:S would read off days - but that might not work too well.

Either way, these kinds of clocks seem very difficult to find, so maybe I'm just not looking for the right thing here... I don't necessarily need the clock to be personalized, I can always just buy a bare clock and personalize it myself, but I can't even seem to find a good clock to use for a countdown. Any help on this one? Anyone bought one in the past, or know where to look or what to search for?

Thanks.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Bees able to spot which flowers offer best rewards before landing
Classic Lewis Carroll character inspires new ecological model
When cooperation counts: Researchers find sperm benefit from grouping together in mice

Register to reply