by hkunkun
Tags: light, spectrum, visible
hkunkun
Dec31-11, 11:45 PM
P: 2
I got this thing from wikipedia:

Link to wikipedia: Visible spectrum

So:
- Is it the right scan of visible spectrum? Because when I search, there are a lots of other version, which is not really like each other. (Google Link)
- What is the number of Wavelength of the TRUE red/orange/yellow/green/cyan/blue/violet? And the red/blue/green 's wavelength using in TV?

Thanks a lots! And sorry for my bad English.
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Physicists design quantum switches which can be activated by single photons
'Dressed' laser aimed at clouds may be key to inducing rain, lightning
Higher-order nonlinear optical processes observed using the SACLA X-ray free-electron laser
sankalpmittal
Jan1-12, 12:28 AM
P: 700
Quote Quote by hkunkun View Post

<Wikipedia Pic>

So:
- Is it the right scan of visible spectrum? Because when I search, there are a lots of other version, which is not really like each other. (Google Link)
The answer is yes... Moreover all images are same , just a very minor difference. Remember that in physics nothing is exact. Its just nearest approximation.

- What is the number of Wavelength of the TRUE red/orange/yellow/green/cyan/blue/violet? And the red/blue/green 's wavelength using in TV?
Huh ? Number of wavelength ? That's wrong. Wavelength of colours are given in your image only. There are only 7 real colours : VIBGYOR .
All others are sensations caused by combination of these real colours.

Thanks a lots! And sorry for my bad English.
No worries !
hkunkun
Jan1-12, 08:55 AM
P: 2
Quote Quote by sankalpmittal View Post
Huh ? Number of wavelength ? That's wrong. Wavelength of colours are given in your image only. There are only 7 real colours : VIBGYOR .
All others are sensations caused by combination of these real colours.
Thanks for the good answer :)
I have a mistake, my really means is the wavelength that show the truest color of V/O/B/G/Y/O/R. Also the wavelength of R/B/G color using in TV.
Thanks again!

ColinW
Jan1-12, 08:58 AM
P: 35

About visible light spectrum

People who work in TV don't talk about colour (or color) wavelengths, they talk about colour temperature. See this article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature
AlexLAV
Jan4-12, 02:31 PM
P: 38
Though it is typically considered that "red' boundary of visible spectrum is about 700-750 nm, a human eye can see a radiation with wavelength up to approx. 950 nm as red light, if the intensity is high enough. I observed 940-nm radiation of a laser diode which seem to me as dark-red. Concerning longer-wavelength radiation, an eye can see it in some cases due to non-linear processes at very high intensity level. I saw 1064-nm pulses which hit white- paper screen as green flashes at intensity of order of 10^9 W/cm^2. The green flashes were produced within my eye rather within the paper. It was established by use of green and IR light filters.

Register to reply