Tags: light, spectrum, visible
Share this thread:
hkunkun
Dec31-11, 11:45 PM
P: 2
I got this thing from wikipedia:

Link to wikipedia: Visible spectrum

So:
- Is it the right scan of visible spectrum? Because when I search, there are a lots of other version, which is not really like each other. (Google Link)
- What is the number of Wavelength of the TRUE red/orange/yellow/green/cyan/blue/violet? And the red/blue/green 's wavelength using in TV?

Thanks a lots! And sorry for my bad English.
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Symphony of nanoplasmonic and optical resonators produces laser-like light emission
Do we live in a 2-D hologram? New Fermilab experiment will test the nature of the universe
Duality principle is 'safe and sound': Researchers clear up apparent violation of wave-particle duality
sankalpmittal
Jan1-12, 12:28 AM
P: 758
Quote Quote by hkunkun View Post

<Wikipedia Pic>

So:
- Is it the right scan of visible spectrum? Because when I search, there are a lots of other version, which is not really like each other. (Google Link)
The answer is yes... Moreover all images are same , just a very minor difference. Remember that in physics nothing is exact. Its just nearest approximation.

- What is the number of Wavelength of the TRUE red/orange/yellow/green/cyan/blue/violet? And the red/blue/green 's wavelength using in TV?
Huh ? Number of wavelength ? That's wrong. Wavelength of colours are given in your image only. There are only 7 real colours : VIBGYOR .
All others are sensations caused by combination of these real colours.

Thanks a lots! And sorry for my bad English.
No worries !
hkunkun
Jan1-12, 08:55 AM
P: 2
Quote Quote by sankalpmittal View Post
Huh ? Number of wavelength ? That's wrong. Wavelength of colours are given in your image only. There are only 7 real colours : VIBGYOR .
All others are sensations caused by combination of these real colours.
Thanks for the good answer :)
I have a mistake, my really means is the wavelength that show the truest color of V/O/B/G/Y/O/R. Also the wavelength of R/B/G color using in TV.
Thanks again!

ColinW
Jan1-12, 08:58 AM
P: 35
About visible light spectrum

People who work in TV don't talk about colour (or color) wavelengths, they talk about colour temperature. See this article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature
AlexLAV
Jan4-12, 02:31 PM
P: 38
Though it is typically considered that "red' boundary of visible spectrum is about 700-750 nm, a human eye can see a radiation with wavelength up to approx. 950 nm as red light, if the intensity is high enough. I observed 940-nm radiation of a laser diode which seem to me as dark-red. Concerning longer-wavelength radiation, an eye can see it in some cases due to non-linear processes at very high intensity level. I saw 1064-nm pulses which hit white- paper screen as green flashes at intensity of order of 10^9 W/cm^2. The green flashes were produced within my eye rather within the paper. It was established by use of green and IR light filters.

Register to reply