Register to reply

Cutting edge introductory info re: field emission microscopy and imaging methods

Share this thread:
physicsartist
Feb8-12, 01:48 PM
P: 2
Folks,

I'm self-taught and am currently trying to get up to date about the newest developments in field-emission microscopy and other methods of imaging sub-atomic structures. I'm able to follow (though just barely) Mikhailovskij et al.'s 2009 paper in Physical Review showing electron orbitals in a carbon atom from graphene, but I understand that reliable (and one assumes, replicable) developments in the methodology have potentially now outstripped the methods in that paper.

Could someone please recommend resources I could look at that will help me to follow and come further up to date with this, short of my enrolling in a graduate program?--something a little bit beyond a layperson's approach (although I won't object to that either) but not too much more.

Many thanks!
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
New type of solar concentrator desn't block the view
Researchers demonstrate ultra low-field nuclear magnetic resonance using Earth's magnetic field
Asian inventions dominate energy storage systems
physicsartist
May16-12, 10:38 AM
P: 2
Hi Spinnor,

Thanks for the links and sorry for the delay in response. What I was looking for was something more along the lines of 1-2 academic review article(s) but pitched for lay-people, rather than having to go through ArXiv tables of contents and lists of links which might or might not result in read-able (by me) papers. Any thoughts?

thanks!

Spinnor
May18-12, 08:37 PM
P: 1,368
Cutting edge introductory info re: field emission microscopy and imaging methods

This is a more focused Google search,

"Field-ion microscopy: Recent advances",

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...iw=975&bih=439

Register to reply