Cutting edge introductory info re: field emission microscopy and imaging methods

by physicsartist
Tags: feem, field emission, imaging, resources, sub-atomic structure
physicsartist
Feb8-12, 01:48 PM
P: 2
Folks,

I'm self-taught and am currently trying to get up to date about the newest developments in field-emission microscopy and other methods of imaging sub-atomic structures. I'm able to follow (though just barely) Mikhailovskij et al.'s 2009 paper in Physical Review showing electron orbitals in a carbon atom from graphene, but I understand that reliable (and one assumes, replicable) developments in the methodology have potentially now outstripped the methods in that paper.

Could someone please recommend resources I could look at that will help me to follow and come further up to date with this, short of my enrolling in a graduate program?--something a little bit beyond a layperson's approach (although I won't object to that either) but not too much more.

Many thanks!
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Internet co-creator Cerf debunks 'myth' that US runs it
Astronomical forensics uncover planetary disks in Hubble archive
Solar-powered two-seat Sunseeker airplane has progress report
physicsartist
May16-12, 10:38 AM
P: 2
Hi Spinnor,

Thanks for the links and sorry for the delay in response. What I was looking for was something more along the lines of 1-2 academic review article(s) but pitched for lay-people, rather than having to go through ArXiv tables of contents and lists of links which might or might not result in read-able (by me) papers. Any thoughts?

thanks!

Spinnor
May18-12, 08:37 PM
P: 1,362

Cutting edge introductory info re: field emission microscopy and imaging methods

This is a more focused Google search,

"Field-ion microscopy: Recent advances",

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...iw=975&bih=439

Register to reply