which pic would YOU pick?

by DaveC426913
Tags: pick
M Quack
Mar2-12, 12:53 PM
P: 638
Well, if the camera phone fulfills all your needs, all the better for you! I wish you all the best.
DaveC426913
Mar2-12, 01:17 PM
P: 15,325
Quote Quote by M Quack View Post
Well, if the camera phone fulfills all your needs, all the better for you! I wish you all the best.
I'm not sure how you come to that from where we were. Did I imply any of them fulfilled all my needs?
M Quack
Mar2-12, 01:22 PM
Yes.

My reading of this whole thread is that you try to convince us that a in a 30km/h zone with speed bumps every 10m a Nissan Micra performs as well as a 5 series BWM or a Ferrari. That may be the case, but I fail to see the relevance of this particular test.

Nothing personal, but I just don't get the point you are trying to make.
Andre
Mar2-12, 03:23 PM
PF Gold
P: 5,450
The point is that there is better use for a few $$$ than buying an old DSLR with an inferior lens.
Mech_Engineer
Mar2-12, 05:27 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,234
It depends on ho much it costs, and what it's condition is. I've take thousands of excellent pictures with that exact camera.

In the end it's a tool, you have to know how to implement it appropriately.
Andy Resnick
Mar2-12, 11:21 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 5,468
Yes.

My reading of this whole thread is that you try to convince us that a in a 30km/h zone with speed bumps every 10m a Nissan Micra performs as well as a 5 series BWM or a Ferrari. That may be the case, but I fail to see the relevance of this particular test.

I'm not sure anyone is trying to convince you of anything in this thread. Use what you like.
DaveC426913
Mar2-12, 11:40 PM
P: 15,325
Yes.

Your analogy is spot-on. But I was not trying to convince anyone; I have merely been expressing my own pre-expectations. I did indeed expect the Beemer to perform better at 30km/h. It took me some convincing to concede that they should perform similarly.
M Quack
Mar3-12, 12:50 AM
Surely they must be able to do the same thing. They are basically the same, internal combustion engine, a heap of gears and some wheels :-)

Anyways, the right tool for the right job. The Ferrari does not fit in my garage and cannot deal with the potholes around here.

The camera phone did perform better than I expected, see my first post. But note that most people correctly identified the DSLR pic
feathermoon
Mar4-12, 04:59 AM
P: 60
I'd suggest taking pictures of plucked guitar strings and your cityscape at night.

Register to reply