Register to reply

Disclosure project

by eyesoftruth
Tags: disclosure, project
Share this thread:
Dayle Record
Jan28-05, 09:42 AM
P: 464
Am I hearing that the laser blinding of Airline Pilots might be crackpot UFO enthusiasts, trying to phone home?

Look at that possibility.
Overdose
Jan28-05, 09:48 AM
P: 186
Quote Quote by russ_watters
Sorry, I missed the part about the pdf: russ_watters@lycos.com Just one quote with some substance would be a good start though. All I ask is one. You're misrepresenting the issue: I have read the work he provides free. If he wants me to pay for more, he needs to provide some substance to justify it. You're burden-of-proof shifting.
Im not asking you to prove anything, just asking you to read a simple pdf document and to have have a full understanding of the material before dismissing its worth.
"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance" (as Einstein once said) i think would apply here.

My, you make a lot of assumptions. Don't forget we've had this discussion before and in a previous discussion I spent considerable time going through his site and posting my impressions. I've also looked at his other sites - the other crackpottery that he sells - free energy and UFO technology. I've also searched for the impressions of others about him - including finding evidence of fraud. Mr. Greer is an old and famous crackpot - this certainly isn't the first time I've heard about or read about him, and unless you have a short memory,
I remember the previous thread, you called Greer a crackpot initially and only after some persuasion decided to actually read his website.
I also remembered you calling him a fraud and when i asked you to find me one instance of fraud all you could find was a webpage about how he once charged a group of people a small sum to join him in tracking ufos in a known location, which isnt fraud atall. Unless you could prove that he was purposefully leading them on a wild goose chase to rake in a few $'s. Which you arnt able to do, and given Greer's passion for ufo's it would be sensible to assume that he was geniune in looking for the ufos. You also as i remember seemed to think his charging people money for books/reading material was fraud, if thats the case then there are lot of fraudsters out there!

Overdose, did you even read Ron's post? That was his impression, I was responding to.
I know it was a response to Ron's comment and your response to him was a further strange accusation against Greer which you have dodged and avoided to back up or explain when asked to. Your simply making things up to strengthen your argument which frankly beggers belief.

And why haven't you commented on the excerpts from Greer's site? You say I can't comment until I've read everything Greer has, yet you won't comment on the things that I have read. Why not address the information thats here on the table? Could it be because admitting that the 3 witnesses he provided as a teaser say nothing of value weakens his case considerably?
I dont think the teasers are that great i'll agree with that but to say that they dont offer any motivation for further reading i personally disagree with. And since im in possesion of the full witness testimonys i have first hand knowledge that the statements on the site are mearly the tip of a large ice-berg.
If Greer can be accused of anything poor promotion might be one of them i'll give you that.
I'll send you the pdf or a link to it shortly to your email
Dayle Record
Jan28-05, 10:08 AM
P: 464
I will get on topic here. I read everything I could find about the disclosure project, without spending money. Anyone who has worked in fund raising, knows how info and perks are handed out on a tidbit to dollar basis. I genuinely felt that this whole thing had degenerated into a con, for money. Every organization needs money in order to run, unless they are well funded. Their technique was very, very, bait and collect funding. The title Doctor, Medical Doctor, implies an ethic beyond question. Implying if a far thing from being.

I have read everything I can find about UFOs, and government complicity, and extra governmental complicity, and Scalar weapons, and synthetic telepathy, and shape shifting lizard theories, and the Illuminati, and I grew up in the military. I live in a state where the largest employer is the military. I have looked at broad cultural mythos regarding our governments involvement with alien species, and read all of John Maacks and Streibers work, and some others. I am a deeply skeptical individual, and at the same time willing to entertain the entire discussion of any subject.

I personally maintain, that extraterrestrial travelers to this time and physical place, will come by some other means than the physical as we know it. If another species were as physically bound as we are, and arrived here with some sort of superior drive and time shift mechanism, we would have a lot to fear. It would mean that the loss of their world was eminent, or they are real estate developers. The way we have brainwashed ourselves with God concepts, would make us very vulnerable to take over, by anyone in a white dress and blue cape, especially if their ship had appropriate archaic markings.

Secrecy is always the hallmark of infamy. The right thing, can always be discussed. Secrecy implies no dicussion, no respect.

Money for insider information is one of the hallmarks of shuck and jive.
Overdose
Jan28-05, 10:37 AM
well i certainly believe that there are craft in our skys and in space that use some kind of field as opposed to jet propulsion to travel. That much you can quote me on, id like more of the truth to come out about these craft, the disclosurse project while by no means perfect seems to be the best shot at that at them moment which is why im behind it.
mapper
Jan28-05, 04:13 PM
P: 120
Im an alien with Q like powers (star trek). Paypall me some money and Ill tell you a little more about me and my journeys.
matthyaouw
Jan29-05, 10:38 AM
PF Gold
P: 1,216
Quote Quote by mapper
Im an alien with Q like powers (star trek). Paypall me some money and Ill tell you a little more about me and my journeys.
Q-like powers? I'll send the money when a stamped addressed envelope materialises on my desk. Fair deal?
Overdose
Feb5-05, 10:46 AM
Seriously this is the last time i get in debates with people who feel able to critique material they havent read. *goes to waste time somewhere else more fun...
Physics-Learner
Oct14-10, 01:58 AM
P: 298
i just became acquainted with the disclosure project. i am open-minded on a subject that i used to think was "people just wanting attention".

there are hundreds of high-level people coming forward. they have made fairly concrete statements about events they have witnessed. there are multiple claims about missiles having lights directed at them, as well as being able to dis-arm them. there are some claims as to the capture of crashed spacecraft.

so i dont think one can claim that these people are not saying anything substantial.

they are in fact, making substantial claims. whether they are true or not, i dont know.

but i cant find an agenda for why all these high-level people would make such claims.

the thought that they are doing this for money seems somewhat ridiculous. it is highly unlikely that they are in need of any money - they have all had well-paying jobs for a long time.

i mean if were talking about a small handful that may have squandered their money, that is one thing. just too many of them to lend any credence to them getting paid to show up on greer's site.

for those who do not believe what all these guys are saying, what agenda/reason do you think they may all be there ?

gosh, seti just came out with a document that gives protocols for what should be done should an employee get et contact.

all of a sudden, we have defeated big oil, and we are actually getting electric vehicles.

i think something big is simmering at the top of the cup. but i dont know what.

but i certainly cant dismiss what is being said at the disclosure project. there are too many people all claiming to have seen stuff of great substantiality. AGAIN, IF TRUE.
FlexGunship
Oct14-10, 08:47 AM
PF Gold
P: 739
Quote Quote by Physics-Learner View Post
all of a sudden, we have defeated big oil, and we are actually getting electric vehicles.
Wasn't much of a battle. Once electric cars became economically viable, they appeared. Just like you would expect in a free market. Kind of a non sequitur, don't you think?

P.S. Did we actually get rid of Overdose? Didn't know him. But I read this thread and he didn't seem like a very significant contributor.
JaredJames
Oct14-10, 09:22 AM
P: 3,387
Well he did get chewed up and spat out here. Didn't prove anything, didn't get anywhere.

Classic crack-pot behaviour. Take your arguments and questions and invert them back on you.

"Give me a source for what you claim about X"
"You give me a source for why you don't accept X"

You can't fight these people. Every thread like this has had this same repetitive pattern of a skeptic asking for evidence and the person making the claims refusing, generally because they feel they don't have to (it's your job to disprove not their job to prove), and asking you to give them evidence.
Physics-Learner
Oct14-10, 10:22 AM
gosh, we could have had electric vehicles a long time ago.
FlexGunship
Oct14-10, 10:36 AM
PF Gold
gosh, we could have had electric vehicles a long time ago.
We did! The Chevy Electrovair. And they sold like pet rocks. Batteries were too expensive. They didn't hold enough charge, and electricity cost way more per kW than gasoline.

It should be obvious to even the most casual observer that winning technologies win. Exxon has invested almost 200 million in battery development techno.logy because they know that someday it will be cheaper than gasoline.

When that happens, you will see BP charging stations, Shell batteries, and Exxon power plants. Look at history; companies with the most economically feasible ideas win.

EDIT: Smart cars have been around since 1994. Available for anyone to purchase if they choose to eschew gasoline. Really!
Physics-Learner
Oct14-10, 11:08 AM
greer is claiming that these ets travel faster than light. that is some sort of substantial claim.

if a society is millions of years ahead of us, most anything is possible.

if we look back a million years, everything we do today would seem impossible to those people.

so i keep an open mind about greer and ets.

it seems to me that if these substantial claims are true, that something truly concrete will surface in my lifetime.
FlexGunship
Oct14-10, 11:22 AM
PF Gold
greer is claiming that these ets travel faster than light. that is some sort of substantial claim.
Agreed. To date there is no evidence that anything travels faster than light much less something with mass.

The simple passage of time does not actually make more things possible. It gives time for technology to be developed which could accomplish things within the same rules that define what is possible even before that time passed.

That is the difference between "impossible in principle" and "impossible in practice."

The following is impossible in principle: go faster than light
The following is impossible in practice: accelerate to a speed very close to that of light

if we look back a million years, everything we do today would seem impossible to those people.
Argument from incredulity.

it seems to me that if these substantial claims are true, that something truly concrete will surface in my lifetime.
Good to keep an open mind, of course. However, there is no guarantee that evidence will surface in your lifetime. I wish there was a more obvious way to say that.

Your life is not so cosmically important that the universe has a deadline before which is must reveal it's secrets to you. I fully expect to die with so many mysteries unsolved.
JaredJames
Oct14-10, 11:23 AM

This is all well and good, by all means be open minded. However, this is a physics forum and the rules are clear regarding personal theories and claims of this nature.
FlexGunship
Oct14-10, 11:24 AM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by jarednjames View Post
This is all well and good, by all means be open minded. However, this is a physics forum and the rules are clear regarding personal theories and claims of this nature.
Oh, knock it off Iva--... oh... it's you.
JaredJames
Oct14-10, 11:34 AM
Quote Quote by FlexGunship View Post
Oh, knock it off Iva--... oh... it's you.

I consider myself open minded and love seeing discussions on these sort of things, but this whole thread is nothing but a request / denial process which negates the fact evidence is required.

I've just read through the some of the PMM threads and am currently rather miffed at the ignorance people show to basic principles. I think I'm bringing my negativity here.

You said it yourself, going faster than the speed of light is, as far as we know, impossible. To ignore this fact and simply imagine something can (as nice a thought as that is) doesn't make it a valuable source of info and any discussion that follows is pointless.

EDIT: Just noticed the dates on the OP. Thought it was all on the same convo then.
Physics-Learner
Oct14-10, 11:39 AM
the passage of time does not make something impossible, become possible.

but we are saying something is impossible, according to what we refer to as established principles. in theory, we cant say something is impossible, to begin with.

it is not an argument about credulity. it is an argument about realities. and some mathematics to go along with it. go back a million years, and look at what was thought to be impossible. then another million years, another million years, etc.

then start going forward a million years, etc. we would have to be a bit arrogant to think that our million year span is the span in which everything we think is impossible remains impossible in the umpteen spans ahead of us.

my life is not cosmically important in the slightest little bit. i know i will die with mysteries unsolved. my statement had to do with the sorts of claims being made, and the number of these claims being made.

it seems to me that something imminent is bubbling at the top of the teacup, just waiting to fall out.

Register to reply