Register to reply

New Quizz People

by marlon
Tags: people, quizz
Share this thread:
marlon
Jan11-05, 11:59 AM
P: 4,006
1) Which artist was the first to sell more then one million copies of his music on an international level???

2) Which scientist thaught that blood was produced and then ejected out of the human body???

3) Who said : i don't know with what weapons world war 3 is going to be fought, but world war four is going to be fought with sticks and bones ???

4) Who said : in heaven all the interesting people are missing

5) Who said : hapiness is a good bank account, a good cook and a good digestion ???

6) Who said : Forgive your ennemies, but never forget their names...

7) Who said : i have come to the conclusion that politics is to important a matter to be left to the politicians ??? (this one is for the French among us, HUMANINO WHERE YOU AT MY FRIEND???)

8) Who said : all paid jobs absorbe and degrade the mind ???

9) Who said : i love the smell of napalm in the morning ???

10) Who owns quasi all Beatle songs ???

11) Who asks the best questions for a quizz : this is a BONUS...

12) WHO ALWAYS SAYS "COME ON : CHOP CHOP"

enjoy

regards
marlon
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
What lit up the universe?
Sheepdogs use just two simple rules to round up large herds of sheep
Animals first flex their muscles
Evo
Jan11-05, 01:26 PM
Mentor
P: 26,537
#3 Is Einstein, it's one of my favorite quotes by him ""I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

I'm assuming this is limited to one answer per person so everyone gets a chance?
Gokul43201
Jan11-05, 01:49 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,155
I believe I know #3 (Evo's right), #6, #7, and #10...but I'll take a shot at :

( #1 ) Could this be Richie Valens with La Bamba ? This was definitely before the Beatles, and I'm sure it was a million seller, but I don't know if it was the first. Your use of the word 'international' makes me think this is the answer.

Echo 6 Sierra
Jan11-05, 02:17 PM
P: 86
New Quizz People

Quote Quote by marlon
1) Which artist was the first to sell more then one million copies of his music on an international level???
Zamfir, Master of the Pan Flute.

Quote Quote by marlon
10) Who owns quasi all Beatle songs ???
At one time wasn't it Michael Jackson?
marlon
Jan11-05, 02:36 PM
questions 3 and 10 are correct. For question you need to go bach to the beginning of 1900 and this artist came from italy but was also very popular in the USA.

marlon
Evo
Jan11-05, 02:46 PM
Mentor
The great Caruso?
marlon
Jan11-05, 02:49 PM
Quote Quote by Evo
The great Caruso?
Si, esatto, il grande tenorissimo Enrico Caruso...

you are right again EVO

"O sole Mio", "Cuore 'n' Grato (=ungreatefull heart) were songs he used to perform as an encore each concert. Just like Pavarotti now...

marlon
marlon
Jan11-05, 02:53 PM
I will give question 12 : the answer is Chief Inspector Jack Frost from the UK-series A touch of Frost. I don't know whether this is aired in the US. But over here in Belgium and the rest of western europe it is very popular just like Inspector Morse, Maigret (French), Navarro (French) and Derrick , Tatort, Ein Fall Fur Zwei (last three are German) and ofcourse Hercule Poirot (Belgium, you know from Agatha Christie (err she was not belgian but Hercule was lol))

marlon
PICsmith
Jan11-05, 04:13 PM
P: 54
#4 "in heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche
franznietzsche
Jan11-05, 06:27 PM
P: 1,783
Quote Quote by HerrSchlauberger

Where is that one from?

I don't remember it.
brewnog
Jan11-05, 06:45 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,793
#8 - "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind" - Aristotle
Ivan Seeking
Jan11-05, 06:49 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,500
#9, Robert Duvall, Apocalypse Now. I use variations on this line all of the time. Considering that no one has responded...no wonder no one seems to get it!

#12, I think also Mary Poppins.
franznietzsche
Jan11-05, 07:23 PM
P: 1,783
Quote Quote by Ivan Seeking
#9, Robert Duvall, Apocalypse Now. I use variations on this line all of the time. Considering that no one has responded...no wonder no one seems to get it!

Apocalypse now...

Joseph Conrad....
Gokul43201
Jan11-05, 08:01 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,155
#1 : Caruso ! You're kidding ?! I had no idea people took recording seriously at that time. And I thought tenors were like wandering mistrels moving from one opera house to another. Never imagined them being associated with record labels.

If I may take another stab, I'll go for one of the easier ones,

#6 : I think this is a JFK-ism, but I'm not sure if it's originally his, or is borrowed from someplace else.

#7 : No...I'll leave this for Humanino or any other Charlie from France.
PICsmith
Jan11-05, 08:16 PM
P: 54
Originally Posted by HerrSchlauberger
Where is that one from?

I don't remember it.
This is from Wikipedia,

Source: From the Nachlaß, KSA 13: 11[153]
Original context: "Die Kirche hat deutsche Kaiser auf Grund ihrer Laster in Bann getan: als ob ein Mönch oder Priester über das mitreden dürfte, was ein Friedrich der Zweite von sich fordern darf. Ein Don Juan wird in die Hölle geschickt: das ist sehr naiv. Hat man bemerkt, daß im Himmel alle interessanten Menschen fehlen?"

Which means something like:

"The church made german emperors in reason of their vice in spell: as if a monk or priest might take part in that, which Friedrich the second might require of himself. A Don Juan will be sent to hell: that is very naive. Has anyone noticed, that in heaven all the interesting people are missing?"

I've never read the source material, just heard the quote once.
recon
Jan11-05, 08:35 PM
P: 406
Quote Quote by Ivan Seeking

Mary Poppins says "Spit Spot!", not "Chop! Chop!".
Evo
Jan11-05, 08:35 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by Gokul43201
#1 : Caruso ! You're kidding ?! I had no idea people took recording seriously at that time. And I thought tenors were like wandering mistrels moving from one opera house to another. Never imagined them being associated with record labels.
I guessed that based on the PBS "Antiques Roadshow" tv show where someone had brought in an old 78rpm signed Caruso recording to find out what it was worth. Turned out it was worthless because Caruso had a deal with the "Victor Talking Machine Company" which manufactured the "Victrola" and with each victrola purchase you got a free Caruso record and there are a ton of the records out there.

I also know that a bark Eskimo seal hunting hat is worth $92,000.00.
plover
Jan11-05, 09:14 PM
HW Helper
P: 430
Quote Quote by Evo
I also know that a bark Eskimo seal hunting hat is worth $92,000.00.
The conical thing with the long strips of ivory as decorations? I thought they said 40k-50k. And it was weird when the guy said it was from "south of the Aleutians" which sounds to me like mid-ocean... I don't watch the show, but I saw this bit a couple of days ago. It is a cool hat.

Register to reply