Magnetic analysis

by willib
Tags: analysis, magnetic
willib
Jan17-05, 12:55 AM
P: 228
anyone know of a magnetic analysis program ?

i'm trying to find out how much more power i can get out of my homebuilt generator if i add laminated steel around the perimeter behind the armatures..
today i got 70 V p-p no load ..and was able to light a 1157 automobile taillight with approx. 15V and .337 A..
What i am trying to figure out is wether i should connect the laminates between the armatures or have the laminates seperated for each armature
any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
finished Armatures.jpg  
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
A smart prosthetic knee with in-vivo diagnoses
Old tires become material for new and improved roads
Students take clot-buster for a spin
willib
Jan17-05, 12:18 PM
i put strips of steel under the armatures and i am getting two more volts per armature ..
i would still like to know wether or not to make the laminated strips continious around the circle ??
willib
Mar20-05, 08:35 AM
another question..
i have 1/2 inch long neodium rod magnets which are 1/2 inch in diameter .. the flux goes out the flat ..
i bought them because they were cheaper than larger magnets..
my question is when i put two magnets side by side , both orientated the same, what shape does the flux take??
i did find a magnetic analysis program but it was way too difficult to figure out..
the program i tried was maxwell by ansoft..

infamous_Q
Mar20-05, 09:29 AM
P: 99

Magnetic analysis

Maxwell 3D is supposed to be good (tho i can't figure it out). and if you have almost any cad program you can import the files into ComosDesignStar and then CosmosEMS (the electromagnetic one) it's a bit complicated to set up, but they have tutorials. Also, i've never done generators in it, so I don't know if it does that...

Register to reply