Register to reply

Magnetic analysis

by willib
Tags: analysis, magnetic
Share this thread:
willib
Jan17-05, 12:55 AM
P: 228
anyone know of a magnetic analysis program ?

i'm trying to find out how much more power i can get out of my homebuilt generator if i add laminated steel around the perimeter behind the armatures..
today i got 70 V p-p no load ..and was able to light a 1157 automobile taillight with approx. 15V and .337 A..
What i am trying to figure out is wether i should connect the laminates between the armatures or have the laminates seperated for each armature
any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
finished Armatures.jpg  
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Researchers use 3D printers to create custom medical implants
For secure software: X-rays instead of passport control
Razor-sharp TV pictures
willib
Jan17-05, 12:18 PM
i put strips of steel under the armatures and i am getting two more volts per armature ..
i would still like to know wether or not to make the laminated strips continious around the circle ??
willib
Mar20-05, 08:35 AM
another question..
i have 1/2 inch long neodium rod magnets which are 1/2 inch in diameter .. the flux goes out the flat ..
i bought them because they were cheaper than larger magnets..
my question is when i put two magnets side by side , both orientated the same, what shape does the flux take??
i did find a magnetic analysis program but it was way too difficult to figure out..
the program i tried was maxwell by ansoft..

infamous_Q
Mar20-05, 09:29 AM
P: 99
Magnetic analysis

Maxwell 3D is supposed to be good (tho i can't figure it out). and if you have almost any cad program you can import the files into ComosDesignStar and then CosmosEMS (the electromagnetic one) it's a bit complicated to set up, but they have tutorials. Also, i've never done generators in it, so I don't know if it does that...

Register to reply