Need some quick help on a physics question

• Thread starter Novus Dakota
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the person needing help with physics may have a specific question related to a problem or concept they are struggling with. They can provide background information such as equations or diagrams and may need a prompt response to work on a project or assignment. They may also need help with specific resources or references and may specify a particular area of physics that they need assistance with.
Novus Dakota
If the mass slides down the inclined plane fomr the top, what will the speed be when it reaches the bottom

so my equation is KE=1/2mv^2

so 281 J = 1/2 (5) v^2

Im blanking out on how to cancel out the square aaah thx

EDIT : I GOT IT THanks

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You've done the physics, don't let the arithmetic stop you now!
To "cancel" an operation, use the opposite operation. What is the opposite of squaring?

Try using a square root!

If (5/2)v2= 281 then v2= 562/5. Take the square root of both sides.

No problem! To solve for v, you can rearrange the equation to isolate v. So, you can divide both sides by (1/2) and take the square root of both sides to cancel out the square. This will leave you with v = √(2KE/m). Plugging in the values, you would get v = √(2*281/5) = 12.57 m/s. Hope that helps!

1. What is the specific question you need help with in physics?

The specific question I need help with in physics may vary, but it is related to a problem or concept that I am struggling to understand or solve.

2. Can you provide any background information on the problem or concept?

Yes, I can provide any relevant information such as equations, diagrams, or previous attempts at solving the problem.

3. How quickly do you need an answer?

The time frame for needing an answer may vary, but typically I am looking for a prompt response as I am working on a project or assignment.

4. Are there any specific resources or references that you need help with?

I may need help with specific resources or references if I am having trouble understanding a particular topic or concept. Otherwise, general assistance with the question is usually sufficient.

5. Are there any specific areas of physics that you need help with?

Yes, I may specify a particular area of physics that I am struggling with, such as mechanics, electromagnetism, or thermodynamics. This can help the person providing assistance to better understand my problem and provide tailored help.