Register to reply

Subjects needed in High School for Aerospace Engineering

by Jackal97
Tags: aerospace, engineering, school, subjects
Share this thread:
Jackal97
May27-12, 02:50 AM
P: 3
Hi, I'm from Australia, in Year 9 of High School and planning on becoming an Aerospace Engineer. Next year is when everything starts to get serious and i've been thinking what I want to do with my life, and I eventually settled down on an Aerospace Engineer. So what subjects do i need to pick to become one?

Sorry if there is already a thread about this, if not then I appreciate all your opinions and answers!
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Physical constant is constant even in strong gravitational fields
Montreal VR headset team turns to crowdfunding for Totem
Researchers study vital 'on/off switches' that control when bacteria turn deadly
Angry Citizen
May27-12, 12:09 PM
P: 867
Math. Physics. Math. Chemistry. Math. To top it off: math.
HowlerMonkey
May28-12, 09:42 AM
P: 277
English

Facial
Jun5-12, 12:48 PM
P: 27
Subjects needed in High School for Aerospace Engineering

Remember how to do calculus, matrices, and all that. Math is an indispensable tool, but HowlerMonkey also underscores an equally important point: we need to be able to communicate effectively, succinctly, and with proper grammar and spelling.
Atabak
Jun5-12, 02:52 PM
P: 4
In fact chemistry is not so much needed, unless you want to study only combustion. for now, you should focus only and only on math, specially calculus, integrals and if you have in your high school curriculum, matrices.
Aero51
Jun6-12, 04:24 PM
P: 546
In order of importance:
Calculus, Physics, Linear Algebra, Computer Programming (C or FORTRAN)

Writing/communication skills are also important. I know plenty of engineers who write like they are mentally handicapped.

Register to reply