Register to reply

How do you know your parents love you?

by KingNothing
Tags: love, parents
Share this thread:
KingNothing
Feb7-05, 11:52 PM
P: 949
For me, I know my mom loves me because she's always willing to talk, and because she tells me and bakes me cookies if I ask her to sometimes.

My dad doesn't really say it, and I don't say it to him. But, I know he does love me just by the fact that he goes to work and works three times harder than most people do, at a not-so-great paying job, and I know he wouldn't do that for nothing.

What shows you your parents' love?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
FIXD tells car drivers via smartphone what is wrong
Team pioneers strategy for creating new materials
Team defines new biodiversity metric
Smurf
Feb8-05, 12:08 AM
P: 2,891
They put up with me for 17 years? :D
loseyourname
Feb8-05, 02:53 AM
Emeritus
PF Gold
P: 3,634
Quote Quote by Smurf
They put up with me for 17 years? :D
That tells me they're blind and deaf, not that they love you.

Wardw
Feb8-05, 04:10 AM
P: 54
How do you know your parents love you?

You don't

Maybe you think they do and then one day they decide to slowly starve you to death or some other horrible form of murder.
You see it everyday in the media, what is happening to the world.

Trust no-one. At the end of the day, we are all on our own.
franznietzsche
Feb8-05, 04:34 AM
P: 1,783
Quote Quote by loseyourname
That tells me they're blind and deaf, not that they love you.

Took you this long to figure that out?
Astronuc
Feb8-05, 08:24 AM
Admin
P: 21,875
My father and mother would pick us up (my 2 brothers and sister) and we would do a group hug. I did the same with my family - but just 2 kids - until they were too big to pick up. We are a very huggable family.

I also hug my closest friends. What can I say - I love to give hugs.

We mention the word "love", e.g. when finishing correspondence, and we use the phrase, "I love you", e.g. when finishing phone conversation.

When I greet my mom and dad, I give them each a hug and kiss on the cheek, which is reciprocated.

Then there was the abundant nuturing.

Now that I live far from my parents and my sibblings, we talk weekly about events.
brewnog
Feb8-05, 08:31 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,793
Every time I get the feeling that my parents resent me, I remind them that I get to choose their nursing home. That shuts them up.
franznietzsche
Feb8-05, 09:42 AM
P: 1,783
Quote Quote by brewnog
Every time I get the feeling that my parents resent me, I remind them that I get to choose their nursing home. That shuts them up.
well, if they weren't paying for my tuition, i would be absolutely convinced that my mother hates me. As it is, i find that piece of evidence highly anamolous. It might just be she wants a nice nursing home, but every once in a while she crawls out of the shell of hatred and acts like she isn't plotting to kill me. Its all so confusing.

IN a simpler word, i don't really.
Moonbear
Feb8-05, 10:41 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,270
Quote Quote by brewnog
That works for me too. I give them a hard time about spending my inheritance too.
brewnog
Feb8-05, 11:45 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,793
I frequently make my mum cry when I accidentally refer to my university city as "home". It's times like those when she's grateful to get a bag of laundry in the post...

Register to reply