Register to reply

What is M theory?

by Kakorot
Tags: theory
Share this thread:
Kakorot
Feb8-05, 04:08 PM
P: n/a
i overheard someone talking about something called the M theory. They mentioned the string theory too (which i know about), but I have no idea what M theory is. Can someone please inform me?
Phys.Org News Partner Astronomy news on Phys.org
Young binary star system may form planets with weird and wild orbits
Evidence of a local hot bubble carved by a supernova
Astronomers measure weight of galaxies, expansion of universe
Labguy
Feb8-05, 04:35 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 734
Quote Quote by Kakorot
i overheard someone talking about something called the M theory. They mentioned the string theory too (which i know about), but I have no idea what M theory is. Can someone please inform me?
Decent summary here:
http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/gr/public/qg_ss.html
Ravine
Feb9-05, 11:34 AM
P: 7
Stephen W. Hawking's book "The universe in a Nutshell" talks briefly on the subject, I believe in the.... 3rd chapter? Or if you are listening to the CD it is on the second, to the best of my knowledge....

Mentat
Feb9-05, 05:26 PM
P: 3,715
What is M theory?

Quote Quote by Ravine
Stephen W. Hawking's book "The universe in a Nutshell" talks briefly on the subject, I believe in the.... 3rd chapter? Or if you are listening to the CD it is on the second, to the best of my knowledge....
I would quickly suggest Brian Greene, or even Michio Kaku, above Hawking. Try The Elegant Universe (by Greene).

Register to reply