Register to reply

What emotions arise in glands outside the brain?

by Khantazm
Tags: arise, brain, emotions, glands
Share this thread:
Khantazm
Oct23-12, 02:39 PM
P: 27
Possibly I'm misinformed, but adrenal glands make us feel excited, sex glands (whatever their name) makes us feel the appropriate (or not, depending on your situation) emotions. Maybe to rephrase, how emotional is the brain on its own?

And possibly, how important are these emotions or, rather, their hormonal counterparts for normal brain function, i.e. what else do they make work in the brain besides emotions?
Phys.Org News Partner Biology news on Phys.org
Scottish zoo: 'Bad news' for pregnant giant panda
DNA may have had humble beginnings as nutrient carrier
Central biobank for drug research
Ryan_m_b
Oct25-12, 05:25 AM
Mentor
P: 5,477
The feeling still arises in the brain once the endocrines released by the glands reach the brain and have an effect. As for what else they do the endocrine system has many roles.
Khantazm
Oct25-12, 12:43 PM
P: 27
Thanks a bunch.

I meant to say that I thought there were some parts of the endocrine system (which I didn't perceive as such then) which were in the brain, and others which were outside. And I'm interested in the division of functions between them. Thanks again for pointing me in that direction. I think I can handle it from here for my purpose.

Register to reply