Mousetrap on incline

by suesand
Tags: incline, mousetrap
suesand
Mar2-05, 07:18 PM
P: 2
My project's requirement isn't limited to a mousetrap car but that's what I've built. My car has to go up an incline of 5 degrees. I'm aiming for a distance of 14 meters. My car right now can go on a level surface but can barely pass the 1.5 m on the incline!

My dad is helping me with the project and right now we're going to try to see if a thicker axel will make a difference in its power. Is there any suggestions?

Thanks.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Simplicity is key to co-operative robots
Chemical vapor deposition used to grow atomic layer materials on top of each other
Earliest ancestor of land herbivores discovered
scholzie
Mar2-05, 11:24 PM
P: 75
Perhaps it would help if you explained the project, and what it's supposed to do (as well as how you're supposed to accomplish the task). Right now I have no idea what you're doing!
suesand
Mar2-05, 11:31 PM
P: 2
Thanks for offering to help scholzie. :) Although I hadn't reached my desired 14 meters, I've gotten far enough to earn at least a decent grade. Thank you again so much! :)

My purpose was just to build a mechanically powered vehicle that would go up an incline of 5 degrees. Limitations were to fit inside a 60 cm x 60 cm x 60 cm cube, no non mechanical components, and couldn't travel through air.

scholzie
Mar2-05, 11:37 PM
P: 75

Mousetrap on incline

And how were you using the mouse trap?

Register to reply