Is it possible to artificially simulate telamores?

by ShiningLegend
Tags: artificially, simulate, telamores
ShiningLegend
Dec7-12, 08:13 AM
P: 3
Is it possible to create artificial enzymes that can simulate telamores? I read somewhere that nanocircle DNA made this potentially possible. I would think that this would be an extremely helpful addition to the anti-aging community. This makes me wonder if we could somehow create a system in which constant telamorace is being pumped in and replaced; could we also pair this with some sort of modification that would only target specific cells (for instance, avoid potentially cancerous cells)? Please, bear with me. I'm only a high school student; I haven't even took biology yet.
Phys.Org News Partner Biology news on Phys.org
Declining catch rates in Caribbean green turtle fishery may be result of overfishing
Chimpanzees prefer firm, stable beds
For cells, internal stress leads to unique shapes
Monique
Dec7-12, 10:05 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,612
It's a very timely question, just earlier this year a mouse was made that expresses extra telomerase after viral infection. The mouse's lifespan was extended by 24%:

First Gene Therapy Successful Against Aging-Associated Decline: Mouse Lifespan Extended Up to 24% With a Single Treatment
mishrashubham
Dec7-12, 11:05 AM
P: 605
Quote Quote by ShiningLegend View Post
Is it possible to create artificial enzymes that can simulate telamores? I read somewhere that nanocircle DNA made this potentially possible. I would think that this would be an extremely helpful addition to the anti-aging community. This makes me wonder if we could somehow create a system in which constant telamorace is being pumped in and replaced; could we also pair this with some sort of modification that would only target specific cells (for instance, avoid potentially cancerous cells)? Please, bear with me. I'm only a high school student; I haven't even took biology yet.
Potential Cancer cells? Almost every other cell can turn cancerous under the right conditions (or lack thereof).

ShiningLegend
Dec7-12, 02:08 PM
P: 3

Is it possible to artificially simulate telamores?

Quote Quote by mishrashubham View Post
Potential Cancer cells? Almost every other cell can turn cancerous under the right conditions (or lack thereof).
As I said, please bare with my inexperience.

Register to reply