Split of fuel oil consumption to heatup multiple type liquid

In summary: Another option could be to use a proportional allocation method, where you allocate fuel to each liquid based on their daily temperature variations and the total daily fuel consumed. This may not be as precise as linear programming, but it could provide a rough estimate of the fuel allocation for each liquid. Overall, it is important to consider the specific requirements and limitations of your problem before deciding on the best approach. In summary, to determine the optimal fuel allocation for three different liquids, you can use linear programming or a proportional allocation method taking into account the daily temperature variations and total daily fuel consumption.
sandeepbwes
I have three different liquids l1, l2 and l3 stored for 10 days. The liquid are required to be kept in temp x1, x2 and x3.

As input i have following:
1) daily temp of all three liquids
2) daily qty
i need to keep temp of all three liquid constant - to do that heating is done. Due to heating fuel is consumed i keep track of daily consumed fuel.
Now my question is - how can the total daily consumed fuel be split so that i can know how much fuel is spent on l1, l2 and l3.
restrictions:
i cannot change (they are recorded and is to be treated as fixed):
1. Daily consumed fuel (total of all three liquids)
2. Daily individual temp of each liquid
3. Sum total of fuel consumed for 10 days.

Can anyone help me in guiding as to how should i proceed. The simple qty*variation in temp formula does not work (it allocates excessive fuel oil consumption in case where there has been drop in liquid temperature). Would really appreciate if someone out there can help me.

Science news on Phys.org
Thanks.One possible way to approach this problem is to use linear programming to solve for the optimal fuel allocation. You can formulate the problem as an optimization problem where you minimize the total fuel consumed by allocating fuel to each liquid. Your constraints would include the total daily fuel consumed, daily individual temperature of each liquid, and the sum total of fuel consumed for 10 days. You can then use a linear programming solver to find the optimal fuel allocation that satisfies these constraints.

What is the purpose of splitting fuel oil consumption to heatup multiple type liquid?

The purpose of splitting fuel oil consumption is to ensure that each type of liquid is heated up to the appropriate temperature without wasting excess fuel. This allows for more efficient use of resources and reduces costs.

How is fuel oil consumption split for heating up multiple types of liquid?

Fuel oil consumption can be split by using separate heating units or heat exchangers for each type of liquid. This allows for precise control over the temperature of each liquid.

What factors should be considered when determining the split of fuel oil consumption for heating up multiple types of liquid?

Factors that should be considered include the properties of each liquid, the desired temperature for each liquid, and the efficiency of the heating units being used.

Can the split of fuel oil consumption be adjusted if the properties of the liquids change?

Yes, the split of fuel oil consumption can be adjusted if the properties of the liquids change. This may be necessary if there is a change in the type or amount of liquids being heated.

Are there any potential drawbacks to splitting fuel oil consumption for heating up multiple types of liquid?

The main potential drawback is the initial cost of installing separate heating units or heat exchangers for each type of liquid. However, this is often offset by the long-term savings from more efficient fuel use.