Register to reply

Cyclotron resonance

by thuytran
Tags: cyclotron, resonance
Share this thread:
thuytran
Jan2-13, 03:40 AM
P: 2
Hi, I am a new member. May you help me with this problem?
In Azbel-Kaner cyclotron resonance, a B field is placed parallel to the sample surface to make cyclotron motion, an oscillation electric field is place to induce resonance.

There is a link about this:
http://books.google.com.tw/books?id=...effect&f=false

The resonance occurs when ω=n.ω' where ω'=eB/m' (cyclotron frequency_unknown value, we want to determine this) and ω is the frequency of Electric field E (known value). But I don't know how can we know when the resonances occur? ω=ω' or ω=2ω', ...

Thank you a lot!
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Organic photovoltaic cells of the future: Charge formation efficiency used to screen materials
Promising ferroelectric materials suffer from unexpected electric polarizations
Structure of certain types of beetle shells could inspire brighter, whiter coatings and materials
mfb
Jan2-13, 09:12 AM
Mentor
P: 11,831
You can scan some frequency range, and you will see discrete steps between the resonance frequencies. If you see resonance at 2.6 GHz, 3.9 GHz, 5.2GHz, ..., (arbitrary example) you can guess that the resonance frequency is 1.3 GHz.
thuytran
Jan2-13, 08:16 PM
P: 2
Thanks a lot for your reply!
I am curious about how we know that the resonance occur when we scan the frequency of the E field. In experiment, I think there must have an equipment so that we can know at which value of the frequency range have resonance. But I don't know what is the equipment in this case? Could you help me, please?

Register to reply