Register to reply

Integrated MSc in physics

by thomate1
Tags: integrated, physics
Share this thread:
thomate1
Mar7-05, 01:52 AM
P: 49
What do u think about studying Integrated MSc in physics in Mysore University.It's a 5 year Master degree program(undergraduate to postgraduate in continuoes 5 years).They are getting stipent of Rs.1000/- per month.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Wildfires and other burns play bigger role in climate change, professor finds
SR Labs research to expose BadUSB next week in Vegas
New study advances 'DNA revolution,' tells butterflies' evolutionary history
heman
Mar7-05, 03:58 AM
P: 354
Well if i had to study Msc Physics in "India"...i would preferably study at IIT Kanpur becoz the Physics Dept. at IITK is one of the best in India and the faculty is Brilliant....By the way Last to last year ..one Guy scored the Third Rank in IIT JEE but took Msc Physics Dept. in IITK simply and this dept. is mostly taken by guys having the ranks of the order of 3000..If u are just 12th passed i would advise u to go for Jee...becoz making around 3000 rank in jee is not a tough task if u are really interested in Physics....On the other hand India is full of Engg. Institutes but they lack even the optimum facilities...
thomate1
Mar7-05, 04:16 AM
Quote Quote by heman
Well if i had to study Msc Physics in "India"...i would preferably study at IIT Kanpur becoz the Physics Dept. at IITK is one of the best in India and the faculty is Brilliant....By the way Last to last year ..one Guy scored the Third Rank in IIT JEE but took Msc Physics Dept. in IITK simply and this dept. is mostly taken by guys having the ranks of the order of 3000..If u are just 12th passed i would advise u to go for Jee...becoz making around 3000 rank in jee is not a tough task if u are really interested in Physics....On the other hand India is full of Engg. Institutes but they lack even the optimum facilities...

Actually I am a student of Integrated MSc in physics in Mysore University.We got through an All India level examination.Total 15 seats exits.We are getting Rs.1000/- per month as scholarship from central government.We need to expend money only for our own personel use.There is course fee.

Any way the faculity in this department consists of efficient professors.The syllabus was prepared based on syllabus of Cambridge Univesity.We are the students of first batch.The main problem is that no one knows about this course.If u are seeking a scientific career I would prefer this course to any other degree.Any I request you to inform your friends and relatives about this course."We want a brilliant juniors"

heman
Mar7-05, 04:24 AM
Integrated MSc in physics

Quote Quote by thomate1
Actually I am a student of Integrated MSc in physics in Mysore University.We got through an All India level examination.Total 15 seats exits.We are getting Rs.1000/- per month as scholarship from central government.We need to expend money only for our own personel use.There is course fee.

Any way the faculity in this department consists of efficient professors.The syllabus was prepared based on syllabus of Cambridge Univesity.We are the students of first batch.The main problem is that no one knows about this course.If u are seeking a scientific career I would prefer this course to any other degree.Any I request you to inform your friends and relatives about this course."We want a brilliant juniors"
Sorry,i will try to send my Friends and Relatives to IIT becoz i am myself studying at IIT Kanpur and i know "IITK " is the Best atleast in India...i am not in Physics but in Computer Science Department...So this is my home institute and i love it very much....By the way i do know about Mysore University well...
imran
Mar12-05, 04:17 AM
P: 18
plz tell me when will be the notification will be in for integrated m.sc of mysore uni.
thanx in advance
thomate1
Mar15-05, 01:04 AM
Next year onwards , many depts including chemistry and biology are starting integrated MSc batch. Chemistry dept in this university is the best dept.You please share this information with your friends.If you are studying +2 then study well try to get through the exam.Exam will be conducted by june or july. You can contact me at thomate1@yahoo.co.in or tm1729@gmail.com.
heman
Mar15-05, 01:07 AM
what is the stipend urs college providing?
thomate1
Mar15-05, 01:18 AM
There will be no stipent for all others except physics students.For physics students they will get Rs.1000/- per month for 5 years considering 10 months per year.So I will get Rs. 50000/- during my 5 year course.
heman
Mar15-05, 01:24 AM
nice...and what's the fees?
thomate1
Mar15-05, 01:32 AM
Quote Quote by heman
nice...and what's the fees?
It is the intersting part. We hav no course fee at all. We have to spend only for exam fees and for other personal needs. In last sem exam fee was only Rs. 520/-. We are staying in Lecture quarters provided by university. We are getting good food and costs only Rs 800/- per month. What's your fees in IIT for Integrated MSc?
heman
Mar15-05, 02:34 AM
It costs nothing if u get MCM otherwise it is around 8000 per semester i guess not sure...For Btech it is 24 ooo per sem. and many students are able to get MCM here who have Financial Problems..SO Money is not that big problem.
thomate1
Mar16-05, 08:13 AM
Quote Quote by thomate1
Next year onwards , many depts including chemistry and biology are starting integrated MSc batch. Chemistry dept in this university is the best dept.You please share this information with your friends.If you are studying +2 then study well try to get through the exam.Exam will be conducted by june or july. You can contact me at thomate1@yahoo.co.in or tm1729@gmail.com.

I am updating my report.Examination will be held by May or June.The last date for getting application form may be May 25.If u are intrested, have a try
thomate1
Mar29-05, 11:27 PM
Many people are seeking information about this exam now
thomate1
Apr6-05, 03:14 AM
my Email address is changed to tm1729@gmail.com.
thomate1
May21-05, 02:57 AM
You can download the application forms for Integrated MSc
physics from June 10 onwards . The last date for submission of
application will be june 30 and examination will be conducted on July

For further details log on to www.physics.uni-mysore.ac.in

If u wants to know details about Integrated MSc in Chemistry, log on
to www.chemistry.uni-mysore.ac.in/5msc/
mickey mouse
May28-05, 09:14 AM
P: 2
Hey ppl...good to c some discussion goin on,on the topic of masters in physics in india...can somebody please,please tell me abt MSc physics in IIT-Guwahati? How good is the course/department there?I'm aware that it's a relatively new institute and that the entrance exam for MSc physics is not covered under JAM...they have their own test..but was wondering y...is somebody aware of how good the physics faculty there,is??
mickey mouse
May28-05, 09:25 AM
P: 2
Hey ppl...good to c some discussion goin on,on masters in physics in india.i wanted to know how good the physics department in IIT-Guwahati is,for MSc.i'm aware that the admission is not covered under JAM,but a separate entrance test is held..but was wondering y...someone plzzz tell me if MSc physics in IIT-G is good...
derwaish
Jun4-05, 01:13 AM
P: 1
I Am New To Jin The Site Ane Donot Know How To Get Benifits From It Plz Let Me Know About This

Register to reply