Report Bad Post: How to File & Keep Confidential?

• Thread starter Reshma
  • Start date
In summary, to report a bad post on the forum, you can click on the "report bad post" button and state the problem with the post. This will send a message to the forum moderators, which is viewable by all mentors and admins. The reports are kept confidential and the poster will not know who reported their post. This button can be found in the form of an icon. If a moderator or admin is reported, the post will be reviewed in the same manner as any other reported post. The "report bad post" feature should only be used for posts that violate forum guidelines, such as posting inappropriate content or personal attacks, not for posts that you simply disagree with.
Reshma
This is just out of curiosity. I want to know how do you report a bad post. I'm aware of the "report bad post" tab, but I'm afraid to click it fearing it might send an automated report to the administrator. Also, are these reports kept confidential?

Physics news on Phys.org
When you click the "report bad post" button you will have the opportunity to state what the problem is about the post. A message then gets sent to the forum moderators, who will respond as needed. That message is viewable by all mentors and admin.

Thank you :smile:

The reports are kept confidential, the poster will not know you reported their post.

Doc Al said:
When you click the "report bad post" button you will have the opportunity to state what the problem is about the post. A message then gets sent to the forum moderators, who will respond as needed. That message is viewable by all mentors and admin.

just curious, but where is this button? I do not think I have this button anywhere.

nevermind I noticed that it is this icon:

Attachments

• report.gif
    report.gif
    597 bytes · Views: 481
What happens if one was to report an admin or moderator?

We would look at the reported post the same way as any other.

Also, a "bad post" is where the poster has broken one of the rules in the guidelines such as posting crackpot material, advertising or a personal attack. It is not to be used to report posts that you disagree with, that's what the reply button is for.

1. How do I report a bad post?

To report a bad post, click on the "Report" button located on the post. This will bring up a form where you can provide details about why you are reporting the post.

2. What information should I include in my report?

Please include as much information as possible in your report, such as the post's URL, the username of the poster, and a description of the issue. This will help us to better investigate and address the problem.

3. Will my report be confidential?

Yes, your report will be kept confidential. Only our team will have access to the information you provide and we will not share it with anyone else.

4. What types of posts should I report?

You should report posts that contain spam, hate speech, inappropriate content, or violate the community guidelines. Please do not report posts simply because you disagree with the content.

5. What happens after I report a post?

After you report a post, our team will review it and take appropriate action. This may include removing the post, issuing a warning to the poster, or banning the user from the platform. We appreciate your help in keeping our community safe and respectful.