Register to reply

How to capture carbon and sulfur molecules in anodizing of aluminum.

Share this thread:
BernieM
Feb24-13, 04:51 PM
P: 130
I have a need to capture some free sulfur and graphite molecules in the anodizing layer of aluminum, preferrably a hard anodizing which uses higher current levels and lower temperature than normal anodizing. I had imagined puting DMSO for the sulfur molecule in the sulfuric anodizing solution and using powdered graphite in suspension to accomplish this.

Am I on the right track? Will this work? If not I am hoping that someone might point me in the right direction or tell me flat out it can't be done. I assume that since dyes placed in the bath determine the coloration of anodizing that this should be pretty simple to do.

I do not want the sulfur molecules to form a compound, but prefer them to remain 'free' in the coating.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Researchers discover cool-burning flames in space, could lead to better engines on earth (w/ Video)
Professors object to FAA restrictions on drone use
UConn makes 3-D copies of antique instrument parts

Register to reply