Alt vs local Time graph.

by bayan
Tags: graph, local, time
bayan
Mar23-13, 10:55 PM
P: 202
Hi, I need some help with interpreting an altitude vs local time graph.

Here is a link to the graph and some of the questions that were asked about the graph.

also this information was provided: Date of observation: christmas night 2015, Southern hemisphere, ignore daylight savings.

For the RA of objects I got the order as 2,1,moon,3=4,5 (just listed them according to max alt time)

For Declination I have them ordered as 3,moon,1,4,5,2 ( lowest alt first unless they appear as circumpolar)

The stars Declination I got by using moon as reference and I got the moons Declination roughly 18N late during late December, hence star 1 is at 0, star 4 at 32S which is observation site and star 5 at 64S

Any one able to tell me if I have the right results or how I should go about reading this graph? I am not sure as to why some most are curved shape and one with a straight line (star 4)

Regards
Phys.Org News Partner Astronomy news on Phys.org
Computers beat brainpower when it comes to counting stars
The changing laws that determine how dust affects the light that reaches us from the stars
ESO image: A study in scarlet

Register to reply