Gps based robot

by amaresh92
Tags: based, robot
Share this thread:
amaresh92
Mar29-13, 04:39 AM
P: 162
hi,
for my project i want to control my robot using GPS system.could i get name of the things what is required to execute this.i have already built a robo now i need to embeded this with GPS .
or, please tell me how to implement GPS.

thanks in advance.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Identifying long-distance threats: New 3D technology could improve CCTV images
Intelligent system that predicts when alarms might be triggered could greatly improve the management of industrial plant
3D printed nose wins design award
mfb
Mar29-13, 07:37 AM
Mentor
P: 11,889
There are commercial GPS receivers, I would use one of those instead of constructing everything on your own. Just check which data connections they offer to read the position.
berkeman
Mar29-13, 12:34 PM
Mentor
P: 41,041
And keep in mind that GPS position data is only accurate to within 50 meters or so. You will not be using it for fine position data for your robot...

Here is a module from Trimble: http://www.trimble.com/timing/resolution-smt.aspx

mfb
Mar29-13, 12:45 PM
Mentor
P: 11,889
Gps based robot

Quote Quote by berkeman View Post
And keep in mind that GPS position data is only accurate to within 50 meters or so. You will not be using it for fine position data for your robot...
Relative positions should be more precise, and differential GPS (+$) can reach precisions of some centimeters.

Register to reply