Converting series of impulses to a single impulse

by akipro
Tags: converting, impulse, impulses, series, single
akipro
Mar29-13, 07:28 AM
P: 11
I made a circuit to generate a periodic impulse signal ,i.e, one impulse generated and a zero for around 1us and then repeated again, but ended up with continuous impulses. Is there a circuit which could add zeros in between two impulses???

Here one impulse could be viewed as a |sin(x)| function, with one period of around 10ns.

Thanks
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Researchers propose network-based evaluation tool to assess relief operations feasibility
Large streams of data warn cars, banks and oil drillers
Engineering student developing traffic forecasts
skeptic2
Mar29-13, 07:46 AM
P: 1,784
What do you mean by impulse?
akipro
Mar29-13, 07:57 AM
P: 11
@skeptic2

As mention previously, you could view an impulse as a single |sin| wave with time period of around 10ns. If you desire some other name for it that's no problem, all I meant by an impulse was to have some voltage above zero for a very short duration of time (maybe square, sine or some random waveform).

In my case I was able to generate such waveforms in a continuous manner,i.e., one immediately following the next, which was not desired. So, I wanted to add some zero time between the two for time period of few us( 1-5 us).

I hope I was clear in my question.

skeptic2
Mar29-13, 08:41 AM
P: 1,784

Converting series of impulses to a single impulse

How were you generating your impulses?

Register to reply