Register to reply

Converting series of impulses to a single impulse

by akipro
Tags: converting, impulse, impulses, series, single
Share this thread:
akipro
Mar29-13, 07:28 AM
P: 11
I made a circuit to generate a periodic impulse signal ,i.e, one impulse generated and a zero for around 1us and then repeated again, but ended up with continuous impulses. Is there a circuit which could add zeros in between two impulses???

Here one impulse could be viewed as a |sin(x)| function, with one period of around 10ns.

Thanks
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Catching grease to cut grill pollution
Researchers develop tool to predict the level of driver discomfort caused by LED lighting
New inexpensive and easy to implement computer software provides real-time and highly accurate data on traffic
skeptic2
Mar29-13, 07:46 AM
P: 1,803
What do you mean by impulse?
akipro
Mar29-13, 07:57 AM
P: 11
@skeptic2

As mention previously, you could view an impulse as a single |sin| wave with time period of around 10ns. If you desire some other name for it that's no problem, all I meant by an impulse was to have some voltage above zero for a very short duration of time (maybe square, sine or some random waveform).

In my case I was able to generate such waveforms in a continuous manner,i.e., one immediately following the next, which was not desired. So, I wanted to add some zero time between the two for time period of few us( 1-5 us).

I hope I was clear in my question.

skeptic2
Mar29-13, 08:41 AM
P: 1,803
Converting series of impulses to a single impulse

How were you generating your impulses?

Register to reply