Register to reply

I am obsessed with logic and it makes me violent

by fishingspree2
Tags: logic, makes, obsessed, violent
Share this thread:
fishingspree2
Apr8-13, 10:03 PM
P: 141
Whenever I argue with people and they resort to logical fallacies, I get extremely frustrated and even violent. I have no problem accepting different opinions as long as they are defended in a logical way. What ticks me off specifically is logical errors, fallacies. I can't stand when logic (mathematical and philosophical logic) is violated. I lose control of myself and want to break something or attack the person I'm arguing with. I feel like the beauty of mathematics is attacked. I feel like the perfect world which is governed by mathematics is soiled by these fallacies.

Have anyone experienced something similar? Do I have an illness?
Phys.Org News Partner Medical research news on Phys.org
12 states now reporting severe respiratory illness that targets kids
Major U.S. food makers cut 6.4 trillion calories from products: report
Researchers discover how bacteria resist antibiotics in hospitals
StevieTNZ
Apr8-13, 10:40 PM
PF Gold
P: 821
I have a similar OCD over logic. It is more over certainty, and thus I try and reason deductively rather than inductively, assignment a probably in my conclusion. But even then, there is uncertainty with probabilistic statements. At first it was hard to accept, with tension headaches and feeling like vomit. Over time I told myself to stop worrying about it because there was nothing I could do to get 100% certainty.
Evo
Apr8-13, 10:45 PM
Mentor
P: 26,661
Quote Quote by fishingspree2 View Post
Whenever I argue with people and they resort to logical fallacies, I get extremely frustrated and even violent. I have no problem accepting different opinions as long as they are defended in a logical way. What ticks me off specifically is logical errors, fallacies. I can't stand when logic (mathematical and philosophical logic) is violated. I lose control of myself and want to break something or attack the person I'm arguing with. I feel like the beauty of mathematics is attacked. I feel like the perfect world which is governed by mathematics is soiled by these fallacies.

Have anyone experienced something similar? Do I have an illness?
We cannot diagnose you, but based on what you've said, you need to seek professional psychiatric help immediately.

Register to reply