monument to homophobia

by phoenixthoth
Tags: homophobia, monument
Zero
Oct8-03, 03:35 AM
P: 1,509
I'm just having fun with you, chum...even though I am also right, and I do think you should read teh Bible a little more closely...
phoenixthoth
Oct8-03, 03:44 AM
P: 1,572
Originally posted by Zero
Blah blah blah...read your Bible!! You aren't much of a Christian, are you...selectively reading the Bible for the 'feel-good' stuff.

Let's play a game, shall we? Because the Bible is chock full of God either killing people, telling his followers to treat others like crap, etc...you pick a book of the Bible, and I'll give you an example, ok? And don't give me that stuff about 'Only the New Testament counts", because if that were true, then Christains would stop claiming that passages from the OT are relevant.

Bring it on!!

(BTW, I'm an ordained minister, FYI...[6)] )
i don't care if you're an ordained minister.

the bible should be selectively read because it's not always written by people free of ego taint.

can you give one example in Genesis where hate is preached?

can you give one example in Genesis where God explicitly gives the instruction to kill?
Tsu
Oct8-03, 03:46 AM
PF Gold
P: 637
(BTW, I'm an ordained minister, FYI...[6)] )
Ordained by whom? Rolling Stone magazine?
phoenixthoth
Oct8-03, 03:50 AM
"You aren't much of a Christian, are you..."

i don't know what your definition of christian is, but i may very well not be a christian at all.

whether or not i'm christian has no bearing on the requests for examples that hate is preached and that God gives the instruction to people to kill.
Zero
Oct8-03, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by phoenixthoth
i don't care if you're an ordained minister.

the bible should be selectively read because it's not always written by people free of ego taint.

can you give one example in Genesis where hate is preached?

can you give one example in Genesis where God explicitly gives the instruction to kill?
Good call...you moral relativist, you!!

Jeez, did you miss the part where God murders every man, woman, and child on earth except Noah and the clan?!? And then all the innocent babies in Sodom and Gomorrah...you must have breezed over that part. God does most of the killing, but you know the saying about leading by example, right?
Plus, all of Chapter 34 is ugly in how God's chosen are murdering, lying thugs...all in a day's work for the chosen ones of your God.
phoenixthoth
Oct8-03, 03:55 AM
Good call...you moral relativist, you!!

Jeez, did you miss the part where God murders every man, woman, and child on earth except Noah and the clan?!? And then all the innocent babies in Sodom and Gomorrah...you must have breezed over that part. God does most of the killing, but you know the saying about leading by example, right?
Plus, all of Chapter 34 is ugly in how God's chosen are murdering, lying thugs...all in a day's work for the chosen ones of your God.
how does that constitute the preaching of hate?

where does God give instructions for people to kill? you said, "...all teh [sic] people who God instructs you to kill"
Zantra
Oct8-03, 03:59 AM
P: 869
Originally posted by Tsunami
This means nothing. My cousin who is all of 19,hasn't set foot in a church in 10 years, and probably couldn't quote 3 verses from genesis is an ordained minister- you can get them off the internet- just send them your info, and viola! you're ordained.
Zero
Oct8-03, 04:02 AM
how does that constitute the preaching of hate?

where does God give instructions for people to kill?
You missed huge chunks of Leviticus, which can also be called 'God's hit list'...go read it, then come back. Then read Numbers, where reapeat3ed, God advises to kill strangers.

Wanna know about God and killing? Ask the Amorites, or the Midianites...
phoenixthoth
Oct8-03, 04:03 AM
it isn't clear to me that being ordained grants one or is evidenced by knowledge of God's true nature.

btw, isn't saying "jeez" a violation of "thou shall not take the lord's name in vain?"
Zero
Oct8-03, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Tsunami
Hush!! Good times, my child...send me money?
Zero
Oct8-03, 04:05 AM
it isn't clear to me that being ordained grants one or is evidenced by knowledge of God's true nature.
No, because since God is a myth, you can make up whatever makes you feel good. You feel good by thinking there is a loving God, Phelps feels good by thinking God hates 'sinners'...both views are supported by your mythology.
Zero
Oct8-03, 04:10 AM
OK, I'm starting to get sleepy...let's get specific to this topic, shall we?

Phelps is correct, by his faith, and his Bible. Homosexuals are an abomination unto the LORD, baby!! And what is an abomination? "That which is abominable; anything hateful, wicked, or shamefully vile; an object or state that excites disgust and hatred; a hateful or shameful vice; pollution"
phoenixthoth
Oct8-03, 04:13 AM
You missed huge chunks of Leviticus, which can also be called 'God's hit list'...go read it, then come back. Then read Numbers, where reapeat3ed, God advises to kill strangers.

Wanna know about God and killing? Ask the Amorites, or the Midianites...
changing the rules of the game, are we? you said i can pick any book. again and again, you fail to answer my questions.

give the address of the passage where God advises to kill strangers to that i can verify it. also, which version of the bible is that from?
Tsu
Oct8-03, 04:14 AM
PF Gold
P: 637
Hush!! Good times, my child...send me money?
Didn't you mean High Times (magazine)? Send you money where?
phoenixthoth
Oct8-03, 04:15 AM
No, because since God is a myth, you can make up whatever makes you feel good. You feel good by thinking there is a loving God, Phelps feels good by thinking God hates 'sinners'...both views are supported by your mythology.
i doubt that phelps feels good. what's your evidence that he feels good? what's your evidence that i feel good, that what i believe is making me feel good?

i feel no better about what i'm saying about God as when i write down 1+1=2.
phoenixthoth
Oct8-03, 04:17 AM
OK, I'm starting to get sleepy...let's get specific to this topic, shall we?

Phelps is correct, by his faith, and his Bible. Homosexuals are an abomination unto the LORD, baby!! And what is an abomination? "That which is abominable; anything hateful, wicked, or shamefully vile; an object or state that excites disgust and hatred; a hateful or shameful vice; pollution"
where does his bible say that homosexuals should be hated?

by "get specific to the topic" it sounds like you don't want to play the game you proposed anymore because that's not about what phelps is doing. that's a convienient "out", now isn't it?

how can an ordained minister get tired of talking 'bout da LORD??
Zero
Oct8-03, 04:20 AM
where does his bible say that homosexuals should be hated?

by "get specific to the topic" it sounds like you don't want to play the game you proposed anymore because that's not about what phelps is doing. that's a convienient "out", not isn't it?
What else do you do with an abomination? Dress it up in ribbons and put it on display?
phoenixthoth
Oct8-03, 04:22 AM
while jesus may not dress it up, he wouldn't, nor did he ever, advocate hating it.

i'm still waiting for your explaination of Genesis is preaching hate or how God is instructing people to kill. that and for the address of the passage where God instructs you to kill strangers.

Register to reply