Can u'g'r'i'z' filters be converted to ugriz filters?

• Thread starter CINA
  • Start date
In summary, UGRIZ filters refer to a set of filters used in photometric systems, with each letter representing a different wavelength range. U'g'r'i'z' filters are a variation on this set, with an additional near-infrared filter. There is a conversion available from the "primed" symbols to the "unprimed" ones, which can be found at the provided link.
CINA
I've searched around but can't seem to seem anything that addresses the differences between ugriz filters and u'g'r'i'z' filters. What are u'g'r'i'z'? Is there a way to convert u'g'r'i'z' into ugriz?

Thanks

Astronomy news on Phys.org
the U.G.R.I.Z filters is components of the UGRIZ filter set. U is ultraviolet filter, G=green light, R=red, I-infrared, z=is also part of the near infrared 900 nm filter this is judging from this link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photometric_system beyond that I cannot really answer I'm hoping the link will provide you some direction.

1. What is the difference between "Ugriz" and "u'g'r'i'z'"?

Ugriz and u'g'r'i'z' are not two separate words, but rather two different ways of writing the same word. The first one is written without any special characters, while the second one includes apostrophes between each letter. They are pronounced the same way and have the same meaning.

2. How do you pronounce "Ugriz" or "u'g'r'i'z'"?

The correct pronunciation for both "Ugriz" and "u'g'r'i'z'" is "oo-grizz" with a short "oo" sound at the beginning and a "z" sound at the end.

3. Is "Ugriz" or "u'g'r'i'z'" a real word?

Yes, both "Ugriz" and "u'g'r'i'z'" are real words. They are derived from the Croatian word "ugriz" which means "bite" in English.

4. Can "Ugriz" and "u'g'r'i'z'" be used interchangeably?

Yes, they can be used interchangeably as they have the same meaning and pronunciation. However, "Ugriz" is the more common and standard way of writing the word.

5. How is "Ugriz" or "u'g'r'i'z'" used in a sentence?

The word "Ugriz" or "u'g'r'i'z'" can be used as a noun to describe the act of biting or a mark left by a bite. For example, "The dog's ugriz left a bruise on my arm." It can also be used as a verb meaning to bite, as in "The mosquito u'g'r'i'z'ed me on the leg."