How to calculate permanent load?

by AngelEdge
Tags: load, permanent
AngelEdge
Jun21-13, 01:23 AM
P: 1
Hello, I am trying to calculate the permanent load on a slab of 1.6m x 1.4m x 0.05m stainless steel that is part of a structure of 8 plates.
The structure is a rolling bridge, link below

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-zOrAL1V5J...g+bridge+1.jpg

I'm trying to calculate, Load per square meter structural and non-structural,Maximum stress for permanent loads,Analysis of traffic load.

Anyone can help me with the formulas that i have to use for this as I don't know which to use? Thank you very much in advance
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Lifting the brakes on fuel efficiency
PsiKick's batteryless sensors poised for coming 'Internet of things'
Researcher launches successful tech start-up to help the blind
jefswat
Jun23-13, 06:06 PM
P: 92
The structural load is just the weight of the bridge "smeared" over the area, often with some factor to account for it weighing more (or less) than you think. What do you mean by non-structural? People walking on it or decorative panels. Permanent loads typically means just the structures weight with all of its "accessories". The max stress from permanent loads is most likely going to occur when the bridge is "Rolling up".

Register to reply