celebration of eid ul fitr in east

by cooper607
Tags: celebration, east, fitr
cooper607
Jul9-13, 09:06 AM
P: 42
hi guys, i have a question on the celebration of islamic holy months. if Saudi arabia declares the biginning of Ramadan to be on 10th JUly, 2013, that means the eastern countries like bangladesh , india pakistan should begin their ramadan one day earlier than saudi.. but why do the begin ramadan one day later saudi?
i never get this...riyadh is 3 hours later than dhaka, then how could it see moon earlier than us ?
is not it ridiculous ?
Phys.Org News Partner Astronomy news on Phys.org
First potentially habitable Earth-sized planet confirmed: It may have liquid water
A sharp eye on Southern binary stars
Hubble image: A cross-section of the universe
phinds
Jul9-13, 09:41 AM
PF Gold
P: 5,677
Quote Quote by cooper607 View Post
hi guys, i have a question on the celebration of islamic holy months. if Saudi arabia declares the biginning of Ramadan to be on 10th JUly, 2013, that means the eastern countries like bangladesh , india pakistan should begin their ramadan one day earlier than saudi.. but why do the begin ramadan one day later saudi?
i never get this...riyadh is 3 hours later than dhaka, then how could it see moon earlier than us ?
is not it ridiculous ?
Religions tend to do LOTS of ridiculous things. Why would one more bother you?
Bobbywhy
Jul10-13, 04:23 AM
PF Gold
P: 1,852
Have a look here:

http://www.moonsighting.com/ramadan.html

There is all the information about all regions around earth, including times, dates, and more.

The title of your post, "celebration of eid ul fitr in east" refers to the end of Ramadan, not the start of it. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_al-Fitr

Register to reply