How do wireless devices eliminate noise?

In summary, wireless devices that operate on radio frequencies can experience interference when similar frequencies are broadcasted. However, these devices can be programmed to only respond to a certain source, allowing them to distinguish between commands from the intended remote and unauthorized sources. This is achieved through the use of different frequency bands for older models and "spread spectrum" methods for current models.
Brainguy
Let's say I have a wireless device, one that works on radio frequencies, let's say it's a remote control car that operates on 100ghz for example's sake. If I were to try operating this car with its intended remote, but then have a friend broadcast similar frequencies, I would obviously get some interference. But with many things like this, They can be programmed to only respond to a certain source, in essence, the car would be able to tell commands from its intended remote part from those coming from the unauthorized one. If someone is able to point me in the right direction in finding out how this happens I would greatly appreciate it.

Computer science news on Phys.org
In the case of older radio control model transmitters and receivers (50mhz, 72mhz), a separate band of frequency had to be used for each model that was being operated within the same area (about a 3 mile radius). In the case of current radio control transmitters and receivers (2.4ghz), there are two types of "spread spectrum" methods used to avoid interference, wiki articles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DSSS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FHSS

1. How do wireless devices use frequency hopping to eliminate noise?

Wireless devices use frequency hopping by rapidly switching between channels at a specific frequency range. This helps to avoid interference from other wireless devices and minimize the impact of noise on the signal.

2. Can wireless devices use error correction to reduce noise?

Yes, wireless devices can use various error correction techniques such as forward error correction, which involves adding redundant data to the transmitted signal. This allows the receiver to correct any errors caused by noise during transmission.

3. How do wireless devices use signal processing to eliminate noise?

Wireless devices use signal processing algorithms to analyze and filter out noise from the received signal. This can include techniques such as digital signal processing, adaptive filtering, and noise cancellation.

4. Do wireless devices use multiple antennas to eliminate noise?

Yes, many wireless devices use multiple antennas to improve signal quality and reduce the impact of noise. This can include techniques such as spatial diversity, where multiple antennas are used to receive the same signal, or beamforming, where the signal is focused in a specific direction.

5. How do wireless devices use encryption to eliminate noise?

Wireless devices can use encryption to reduce the impact of noise on the signal by ensuring that only the intended receiver is able to decode the transmitted data. This helps to prevent noise from interfering with the transmission and ensures secure communication.