Register to reply

Advice Regarding Becoming An Engineer

by inferno46n2
Tags: advice, engineer
Share this thread:
inferno46n2
Sep6-13, 03:35 PM
P: 1
Hello. I currently hold a B.Sc in Chemistry with a double minor in Math and Business Administration. I have had great marks throughout my degree and qualify for Graduate Studies. Upon conducting research into pursuing a masters-phD in Chemistry, I have decided against it and will be furthering my education to become a practicing engineer.

I have been accepted into a M.ENG program in chemical engineering(currently registered and attending classes) and will also be completing the 10-12 courses required to register for my PENG upon completing of the masters.

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to improve my odds of employment upon graduating? I am aware that I can complete work terms over the summer months which I will be doing, but is there anymore advice that anyone can offer? My interests lie within the energy sector, more specifically oil and gas.

Thank you
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
California quake points to research advancements in retrofitting older buildings
Greater safety and security at Europe's train stations
Fingerprints for freight items
SteamKing
Sep6-13, 04:42 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
PF Gold
P: 6,559
Keep making good grades and try to get summer intern positions within the oil and gas industry, or more broadly, within the energy sector. If the folks you work for, even just during the summer, see that you can handle the work and are motivated, it makes it much easier for them to offer you a full-time position after you get your degree.
Aero51
Sep6-13, 06:55 PM
P: 546
See if you can get DOE sponsored funding

Register to reply