Nexus 7 & PDF Files: Improve Your Learning Experience!

• Thread starter LeDragonian
  • Start date
  • Tags
    files Pdf
In summary, LeDragonian found that MoonReader Pro is a great app for managing PDF files on his Nexus 7. MoonReader Pro supports a variety of formats, has a lot of customization options, and keeps track of how much time and words he has read.
LeDragonian
I currently have a great thirst for reading up all sorts of Mathematics/Physics textbook which I have obtained as PDF files on my Nexus 7. I currently use two apps to use to books. These apps are Adobe Reader, and aldiko. I feel like these apps aren't good enough for organizing and locating the textbooks. I have so many on it already and I feel like these free apps aren't efficient.

If anyone is interested in teaching me new ways to study using these PDF files on tablets with using a better app or anything related I would really appreciate it.

I have also added pictures to show you how frustrating it is to switch between these books and learn using the tablet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-07-18-15-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-07-18-15-52.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 552
  • Screenshot_2013-09-07-18-16-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-07-18-16-25.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 577
Computer science news on Phys.org
Aldiko is great for epubs; for pdf it pretty much sucks. There's an app called 'documents to go' and it has a option for favourites and recent files so its pretty neat inasmuch you can use it for pdf, ppt, doc etc.
But Adobe's interface is the best.

kingsoft office, fb reader, cool reader, file expert hd

Thanks for all your feedbacks. I think I will try my luck with Adobe Reader for now but I really like to try the link and "documents to go".

LeDragonian,

I would highly recommend MoonReader Pro. It's extremely affordable. When I purchased it, it was less than $2.99.

I like it because it has quite a bit of customization options and it also keeps track of your reading time and words per minute. I think of it as a "Steam" but for books. It feels great knowing how much study time I put into my reading.

Likes 1 person
MrTheBard

Thank you for the new info. I checked the app on play store and found out that it supports pdf files. However, it does look like a great app for reading books (i.e. novels), but I mainly read and use textbooks of variety of sciences. I am going to try the free version soon. Thank you :)

I access my Nexus 7 PDF files through ES file explorer (in the download directory) and it gives me two options. One is PDF reader --- which seems to be a default stock Android reader (not something I can uninstall) and the other is Amazon Kindle, which is my reader of choice. I tried a bunch of other readers and had issues with them all. I haven't tried using Kindle to catalog a bunch of PDF's. I just use ES File Explorer to manage the directories.

Likes 1 person

1. How can I transfer PDF files to my Nexus 7?

To transfer PDF files to your Nexus 7, you can either use a USB cable to connect your device to your computer and drag and drop the files, or you can use a cloud storage service such as Google Drive or Dropbox to upload the files and access them on your Nexus 7.

2. Can I make notes and highlights on PDF files on my Nexus 7?

Yes, there are several PDF reader apps available on the Google Play Store that allow you to make notes and highlights on PDF files. Some popular options include Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit MobilePDF, and Xodo PDF Reader.

3. How can I improve my reading experience with PDF files on my Nexus 7?

To improve your reading experience, you can adjust the font size and background color of the PDF file to make it easier to read. You can also use the zoom function to focus on specific parts of the document. Additionally, using a stylus or your finger, you can annotate and highlight important information.

4. Can I convert PDF files to other formats on my Nexus 7?

Yes, there are several apps available on the Google Play Store that allow you to convert PDF files to other formats such as Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. Some popular options include PDF Converter, PDF to Word Converter, and PDF to Excel Converter.

5. Are there any free PDF reader apps for my Nexus 7?

Yes, there are many free PDF reader apps available on the Google Play Store, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit MobilePDF, and Xodo PDF Reader. These apps offer basic features such as viewing, annotating, and searching for text within a PDF file.