Nexus 7 and PDF files

by LeDragonian
Tags: apps, files, nexus, nexus 7, pdf, studying, textbooks
LeDragonian
Sep7-13, 05:24 PM
P: 5
I currently have a great thirst for reading up all sorts of Mathematics/Physics textbook which I have obtained as PDF files on my Nexus 7. I currently use two apps to use to books. These apps are Adobe Reader, and aldiko. I feel like these apps aren't good enough for organizing and locating the textbooks. I have so many on it already and I feel like these free apps aren't efficient.

If anyone is interested in teaching me new ways to study using these PDF files on tablets with using a better app or anything related I would really appreciate it.

I have also added pictures to show you how frustrating it is to switch between these books and learn using the tablet.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_2013-09-07-18-15-52.jpg   Screenshot_2013-09-07-18-16-25.jpg  
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
SensaBubble: It's a bubble, but not as we know it (w/ video)
The hemihelix: Scientists discover a new shape using rubber bands (w/ video)
Microbes provide insights into evolution of human language
Greg Bernhardt
Sep9-13, 09:32 AM
Admin
P: 8,542
Here are a few options, but it seems like Adobe Reader is pretty much the best
http://www.pdfmate.com/best-android-...er-review.html
Enigman
Sep9-13, 10:47 AM
Best Humor
P: 548
Aldiko is great for epubs; for pdf it pretty much sucks. There's an app called 'documents to go' and it has a option for favourites and recent files so its pretty neat inasmuch you can use it for pdf, ppt, doc etc.
But Adobe's interface is the best.

manifespo
Sep12-13, 07:24 AM
P: 8

Nexus 7 and PDF files

kingsoft office, fb reader, cool reader, file expert hd
LeDragonian
Sep12-13, 11:47 PM
Thanks for all your feedbacks. I think I will try my luck with Adobe Reader for now but I really like to try the link and "documents to go".
MrTheBard
Sep30-13, 01:21 PM
P: 29
LeDragonian,

I would highly reccommend MoonReader Pro. It's extremely affordable. When I purchased it, it was less than $2.99.

I like it because it has quite a bit of customization options and it also keeps track of your reading time and words per minute. I think of it as a "Steam" but for books. It feels great knowing how much study time I put into my reading.
LeDragonian
Oct1-13, 06:29 PM
MrTheBard

Thank you for the new info. I checked the app on play store and found out that it supports pdf files. However, it does look like a great app for reading books (i.e. novels), but I mainly read and use textbooks of variety of sciences. I am gonna try the free version soon. Thank you :)
meBigGuy
Oct19-13, 03:33 AM
P: 976
I access my Nexus 7 PDF files through ES file explorer (in the download directory) and it gives me two options. One is PDF reader --- which seems to be a default stock Android reader (not something I can uninstall) and the other is Amazon Kindle, which is my reader of choice. I tried a bunch of other readers and had issues with them all. I haven't tried using Kindle to catalog a bunch of PDF's. I just use ES File Explorer to manage the directories.

Register to reply