Register to reply

How to wirelessly connect laptop to TV

by trickslapper
Tags: connect, laptop, wirelessly
Share this thread:
trickslapper
Sep16-13, 02:36 PM
P: 63
Hi guys, I was wondering what is the best way to wirelessly connect my laptops to my TV? I have 3 different laptops: 2 windows 7, and one with Linux (Ubunu/Arch Linux). My TV has built in Wi-fi.

What i would like to accomplish is have my laptop(s) wirelessly connect to the television so that i can still have my laptop with me on the couch and be able to extend my screen. So i could watch netflix on the TV while chatting or doing whatever else on the laptop screen.

I have found one solution that i thought was good but, it would not support my Linux Laptop (the device is called the Imation Link).

If it helps i also plan to have a raspberry pi that is always connected to my TV just for general web surfing/video streaming. Basically i would only plug in my laptops if i was programming, playing some games, preparing a flowchart/powerpoint, etc.

Any ideas on how i could accomplish this?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
An interesting glimpse into how future state-of-the-art electronics might work
Tissue regeneration using anti-inflammatory nanomolecules
C2D2 fighting corrosion
trickslapper
Sep16-13, 03:41 PM
P: 63
Well i did some research on these Warpia products but, they do not support Linux operating systems. Now i'm thinking of just having a super long hdmi cable that i just route underneath my carpet so i can't see it..
Greg Bernhardt
Sep16-13, 09:18 PM
Admin
P: 9,491
Quote Quote by trickslapper View Post
Well i did some research on these Warpia products but, they do not support Linux operating systems. Now i'm thinking of just having a super long hdmi cable that i just route underneath my carpet so i can't see it..
I used to use S-Video. Pretty cheap option. Linux compatibility is an issue for WiFi products.

skills4u
Jul14-14, 11:18 PM
P: 9
How to wirelessly connect laptop to TV

Netflix and the like is an easy fix if your tv has HDMI get the GOOGLE's Chromecast for $35 !
macuser
Jul25-14, 04:25 AM
P: 1
if u have apple tv its used wireless on the mac and tv . theres probably an android application for the wireless connect

Register to reply