Register to reply

Sum of forces, vacuum and gravity

by Gh778
Tags: forces, gravity, vacuum
Share this thread:
Gh778
Oct5-13, 02:14 AM
P: 365
It's a theoretical study. I would like to understand how the sum of forces can be at 0 if I put an object (vacuum in it) in a big liquid disk (disk is fulled with liquid), the disk is big enough for agglomerate liquid (like this works with a planet, matter is agglomarate with gravity). There is no external circular wall for disk ! it's very important. I attach the vacuum object with something external at disk (black color). The vacuum object has an extenral force give by liquid, force of buoyancy, this force is transmited to black object. I study the sum of forces on all the system (vacuum object+disk+black object). What's compensate this force ? How liquid can compensate this force ? And if liquid compensate the force, this would say if I put a bubble in water the bubble go to one direction and water go to the contrary direction, this would change the center of gravity.
Attached Thumbnails
bp.jpg  
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Symphony of nanoplasmonic and optical resonators produces laser-like light emission
Do we live in a 2-D hologram? New Fermilab experiment will test the nature of the universe
Duality principle is 'safe and sound': Researchers clear up apparent violation of wave-particle duality
A.T.
Oct5-13, 02:26 AM
P: 4,035
Do you mean the force of buoyancy on the vacuum bubble?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buoyancy
Gh778
Oct5-13, 02:27 AM
yes, the force of buoyancy

A.T.
Oct5-13, 07:11 AM
P: 4,035
Sum of forces, vacuum and gravity

Quote Quote by Gh778 View Post
And if liquid compensate the force, this would say if I put a bubble in water the bubble go to one direction and water go to the contrary direction, this would change the center of gravity.
Center of gravity of the whole system will not move. Fluid will move one way, the vacuum box and whatever is attached to it will move the other way.
Gh778
Oct5-13, 09:06 AM
So, if you're right: imagine a fluid disk (or a sphere) without black solid. I put vacuum object in water, this don't change the CG. After, I let the bubble move, this move water in one direction and vacuum object in other direction, but the vacuum object has no weight, this move the CG ?
mfb
Oct5-13, 12:30 PM
Mentor
P: 11,888
Even if your vacuum bubble has no mass, the fluid has. The vacuum bubble will move outwards, and the center of the fluid will be exactly at the position where the initial center of mass was. While the fluid moves around your bubble, the remaining fluid will move, too.

Register to reply