Mystery Ailment: Itching Red Spots & Swollen Throat

• Medical
  • Thread starter Superposed_Cat
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mystery
In summary, Mystery Ailment: Itching Red Spots & Swollen Throat is a medical condition characterized by red, itchy spots on the skin and swelling of the throat. It is often accompanied by other symptoms such as fever and fatigue. The exact cause is unknown, but it is believed to be caused by a viral or bacterial infection or an allergic reaction. It can be diagnosed through a physical exam, medical history, and tests. Treatment includes antihistamines, antibiotics, and rest. Whether it is contagious depends on the underlying cause.
Superposed_Cat
HI all, recently I have gotten a sore and swollen throat and multiple itching red spots that I've itched raw. they are widespread and not close together they look like spider bites. I've recently slept on a mattress that hasn't been washed in a while. It feels like things are crawling under my skin. what do you think is wrong with me? It's horrible. Any help appreciated

Biology news on Phys.org
There is no way we can diagnose you, Please see a doctor.

What is Mystery Ailment: Itching Red Spots & Swollen Throat?

Mystery Ailment: Itching Red Spots & Swollen Throat is a medical condition that is characterized by the presence of red, itchy spots on the skin and swelling of the throat. It is often accompanied by other symptoms such as fever, body aches, and fatigue.

What causes Mystery Ailment: Itching Red Spots & Swollen Throat?

The exact cause of Mystery Ailment: Itching Red Spots & Swollen Throat is still unknown, but it is believed to be caused by a viral or bacterial infection. It can also be triggered by an allergic reaction to certain substances.

How is Mystery Ailment: Itching Red Spots & Swollen Throat diagnosed?

Mystery Ailment: Itching Red Spots & Swollen Throat is diagnosed through a physical examination and medical history. Your doctor may also order blood tests or a skin biopsy to rule out other possible causes.

Can Mystery Ailment: Itching Red Spots & Swollen Throat be treated?

Yes, Mystery Ailment: Itching Red Spots & Swollen Throat can be treated. Your doctor may prescribe antihistamines to relieve itching and inflammation, and antibiotics if a bacterial infection is present. Rest, staying hydrated, and avoiding triggering substances can also help with recovery.

Is Mystery Ailment: Itching Red Spots & Swollen Throat contagious?

It depends on the underlying cause of the condition. If it is caused by a viral or bacterial infection, it is contagious and can be spread through contact with an infected person. If it is caused by an allergic reaction, it is not contagious.