Register to reply

What are GMT and TPL fuses?

by Jyan
Tags: fuses
Share this thread:
Jyan
Nov13-13, 03:15 PM
P: 33
Does anyone know what the difference between GMT and TPL fuses are? And, what these acronyms stand for?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Example: http://www.alpha.ca/web2/inc/box-doc...nk=fuse-panels
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
'Smart material' chin strap harvests energy from chewing
Lockheed Martin advances live, virtual, constructive training in flight test
Lockheed Martin conducts flight tests of aircraft laser turret for DARPA
phinds
Nov13-13, 03:35 PM
PF Gold
P: 6,498
There is this really nifty thing out there called "Google Search". You should learn to use it.

Just Google for "define GMT fuse" and "define TPL fuse"
Jyan
Nov13-13, 06:44 PM
I put this post here because I was unable to find a definition with Google. I found nothing that expanded the acronym. Moreover, a large amount of answers found on the magical-super-nifty-awesome Google search comes from answers to forum posts. If no one posted answers on forums, there wouldn't be very many answers to be found with Google.

In fact, one of the first things that comes up when searching "define GMT fuse" (I did the search from my phone, which I had not previously used to look at this post) is this forum post. So, a constructive answer to this question will hopefully help other people searching for similar answers.

I was able to find the definition of GMT: grasshoppers made for telecommunication. But I still was not able to find anything about what that actually means.

phinds
Nov13-13, 07:20 PM
PF Gold
P: 6,498
What are GMT and TPL fuses?

Hm... I got numerous immediate results on each that listed what the acronyms stand for. I didn't bother to read the articles, just assumed that they explained things.

Maybe phones get different results.
the_emi_guy
Nov13-13, 08:14 PM
P: 589
These are not acronyms, they are Bussmann part nomenclature. Go to Bussmann website to check them out. There are lots of others: TPA, TPS, TPC etc.
Jyan
Nov13-13, 11:20 PM
So they are just part part numbers then. Thanks

Register to reply