Member Photo Thread

by Greg Bernhardt
Tags: member, photo
Share this thread:
ricardo kuhn
Dec2-05, 08:04 PM
P: 44
Quote Quote by Monique
Nice story, but the reason that the houses bend forward is another one. If you've ever been inside you'll notice it's impossible to move furniture up the staircases, all the furniture is moved into the house through the windows. On the top of the building you see a pole sticking out, furniture is attached to a rope and with the help of the pole tackled up and into the house.
To prevent the furniture banging into the lower windows, the front of the house is build with a slope. That's what I've been told at least
Thanks Monique, that makes Perfect sense, actually i spends some time watching the guys of the moving companies doing their thing,,,

pretty amaxing if you ask me. specially in the "Center" of the city were the streets are so so narrow..

I like you explenation even better than the one form my friend Mike and my rational aproach

thanks...

ricky
ricardo kuhn
Dec2-05, 08:04 PM
Quote Quote by zoobyshoe
We have a nice thread going for people to explain their experiences with that:
http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=93400

thanks,,i hope the participant as not super mega Gekky....

i take a look.
zoobyshoe
Dec2-05, 08:33 PM
P: 5,625
Quote Quote by ricardo kuhn
thanks,,i hope the participant as not super mega Gekky....
i take a look.
Nope. Some of our finest and most beloved members have it.
ricardo kuhn
Dec2-05, 11:39 PM
Quote Quote by zoobyshoe
Nope. Some of our finest and most beloved members have it.
I'm so So Piss...

that tread is super fun, i feel right at home,,,wrote a big long and i will say pretty elaborate compendium of my Dixlexic predicament, and some How I push something somewere on the keyboard and the whole hour i spend writing ,,, when Plufff...

well I will start again when i recover a little...

thanks for the link, that posting is great at least for people like me..
meteor
Dec3-05, 05:44 PM
P: 915
Quote Quote by ricardo kuhn

The building of the last picture must be the only monument in the world that is perennially surrounded by a haze of cranes

With a bit of luck (I'm crossing my fingers) it will be finished within the next 3 thousand years (its construction started in 1882, so the delay is yet annoying)
ricardo kuhn
Dec3-05, 07:27 PM
Quote Quote by meteor
The building of the last picture must be the only monument in the world that is perennially surrounded by a haze of cranes
With a bit of luck (I'm crossing my fingers) it will be finished within the next 3 thousand years (its construction started in 1882, so the delay is yet annoying)
but even then before you Dye, la sagrada familia is a Place to visit, the structures are just so incredible, the curves so sensual..

at least for me, that Catedral was a experience that change my life in a good way for ever.

just my own opinion oviuslly.
tribdog
Dec3-05, 08:50 PM
P: 693
all these pictures are cool, but why is that ugly monkey in all of them? Is that a pet of yours?
Evo
Dec6-05, 02:18 PM
Mentor
P: 26,474
Here's the latest Spawn of Evo picture, not to be confused with the Child of Evo. I will probably get in trouble because she says the picture is ugly and her nose looks big and the glare on her glasses blocks out her eyes.

Oh well, I like it. And that little round thing on her face is not a mole, it's a piercing.
Attached Thumbnails
blah2.jpg  
Danger
Dec6-05, 02:21 PM
PF Gold
P: 8,964
She just keeps getting better all the time. Thanks, Evo.
tribdog
Dec6-05, 03:25 PM
face piercing, yuck. I remember my dad telling me the story about when he was a volunteer fireman. He went to a car wreck and was loading a victim into the ambulance. He kept trying to flick a piece of glass off this girls face and it wasn't til quite a few flicks later that he realized it was a piercing.
TheStatutoryApe
Dec6-05, 04:42 PM
P: 1,550
She's gorgeous. Ofcourse what else should we expect from that particular genetic line.

There's a goth industrial club chick here at my work. She has about ten or so facial piercings. Maybe I've just become desensitized but they don't look that bad on her. Not my cuppa but I don't cringe when I see her either.
ShawnD
Dec6-05, 06:52 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 987
She's a cute one, evo. Any chance she'll stop with the weird stud on face? Every time I see those, I think it's a mole until I look a little harder.
Evo
Dec6-05, 06:58 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by ShawnD
She's a cute one, evo. Any chance she'll stop with the weird stud on face? Every time I see those, I think it's a mole until I look a little harder.
I'm sure it will be the one and ONLY. She got it a few years ago. It's to where I don't even notice it usually. Thank God she didn't get her eyebrow pierced. Those look creepy to me.

The Child of Evo was forbidden to get any type of face piercing. I allowed her to get her belly button pierced though, and that actually looked very pretty.
tribdog
Dec6-05, 07:16 PM
Quote Quote by Evo
I allowed her to get her belly button pierced though, and that actually looked very pretty.
where're those pictures?
zoobyshoe
Dec6-05, 07:44 PM
Quote Quote by tribdog
where're those pictures?
I'd rather see the ones of Evo's many tattoos. Rumor has it, they're in delicate places.
Evo
Dec6-05, 08:01 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by zoobyshoe
I'd rather see the ones of Evo's many tattoos. Rumor has it, they're in delicate places.
I can honestly say that I have no tatoos.
zoobyshoe
Dec6-05, 08:04 PM
Quote Quote by Evo
I can honestly say that I have no tatoos.
I'd be perfectly happy to examine you to confirm that for everyone, too.
Evo
Dec6-05, 08:11 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by zoobyshoe
I'd be perfectly happy to examine you to confirm that for everyone, too.
I knew that was a setup.

Register to reply