Troubleshooting Adobe Reader Function Configurations - Red Circled Functions

• Thread starter mech-eng
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Function
In summary, the person is having trouble with their Adobe Reader configurations and is seeking help in getting them back. They have circled the functions they are missing in the picture and are wondering if the issue is affecting all files or just one. They have also mentioned a dislike for Adobe's GUI and a preference for using Sumatra PDF instead.
mech-eng
Some configurations of adobe reader has change.I can't get them back.Can you help me.I encircled the functions with red color in the pic

Attachments

• pdf.png
    pdf.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 566
Computer science news on Phys.org
mech-eng said:
Some configurations of adobe reader has change.I can't get them back.Can you help me.I encircled the functions with red color in the pic

Does your problem affect all files or just one? If the latter, have you checked the document's security settings to see whether commenting is disabled?

The latest versions of Adobe Reader have a stupid GUI (IMO) where buttons on the toolbar just get deleted if Adobe thinks there is no room to display them.

Right-click anywhere on the toolbar, and you get a set of menus with all the available functions. If you select something, the corresponding icon will probably appear on the toolbar but something else will disappear to make room for it.

Personally I've give up on Adobe Reader and use http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumatra_PDF on Windows.
It dones't look so pretty, but it has more functionality for what I want. The worst feature is the horrible yellow background on the first display (but you want get rid of that in the "advanced options" settings).
http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/free-pdf-reader.html

1. What are red circled functions in Adobe Reader?

Red circled functions in Adobe Reader refer to functions or tools that are not currently available or have been disabled. These functions are usually highlighted in red and cannot be used until the issue causing the disablement is resolved.

2. How do I troubleshoot red circled functions in Adobe Reader?

To troubleshoot red circled functions in Adobe Reader, you can try restarting the program, updating to the latest version, or checking for any conflicting settings or plugins. You can also try repairing or reinstalling the program to fix any corrupt files that may be causing the issue.

3. Why are some functions in Adobe Reader red circled?

Functions in Adobe Reader can be red circled for various reasons, such as a corrupt installation, conflicting settings, outdated software, or a malfunctioning plugin. These issues can prevent certain functions from working properly and result in them being red circled.

4. Can I still use red circled functions in Adobe Reader?

No, red circled functions cannot be used until the issue causing the disablement is resolved. Attempting to use red circled functions may result in errors or crashes in the program. It is important to troubleshoot and fix the issue causing the disablement before attempting to use the function.

5. How can I prevent functions from being red circled in Adobe Reader?

To prevent functions from being red circled in Adobe Reader, make sure to keep the program and all its plugins up-to-date. Also, avoid installing conflicting or incompatible software and regularly check for any errors or issues within the program. If you encounter any red circled functions, troubleshoot and resolve the issue promptly to prevent it from occurring again in the future.